• Invite everyone to Flightinfo.com and let's have fun

DAL DC9's?

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
No kidding Fin. I know you know I know that.

Fact is that those have some issues with them.
The General is correct in what he states. We are looking elsewhere for the jets we want. We will probably get them. There are just over 100 out there and they are all over. I am sure that we will pick a few up.

True - you know more than most. Which is why I can't know, that others on the board know, what I know you know, and you know I know.

You know what I mean?

Last edited:
Ron Allen was quoted as saying, "the DC9 isn't cost competitive anyway, so instead of matching them at twice the operational cost, we'll beat them at four times the operational cost." In related news, AirTran stock is up over 9% on the day.

Funny. I bet the guys at AirTran are salivating at the prospect of competing with the DC-9 flown by a higher cost airline. Yikes.

There's got to be some pretty good deals on newer, more efficient equipment out there now with the downsizing going on in the industry.

Fact is that DAL has the ability to smooth out the higher operating cost of the 9's with their revenue from the International ops. That is one thing that AAI cannot do. Its eggs are all in the same basket.
Trust me. Delta will be ordering many shiny new jets in the ensuing years. Right now the goal is one company under the same set of rules. Once that happens and we have an SOC, expect the orders to start.

Guys....

RA has chum in the water and you are right there ready to grab a hook. Consider yourselves managed. Rumors and propaganda wasn't just limited to the Third Reich or the Bush Administration.

We've been hearing about those MD90's for almost 2 years now.....If they really wanted them, they would have been here yesterday. The only thing I count on is the new Boeing order book which has the 2 "extra" 777LR's RA was going on and on about in the last check airmen meeting.

Don't count your jets until you are pushing back with the beacon on and revenue behind the cockpit door.....remember 1999 and the 777's??

Guys....

RA has chum in the water and you are right there ready to grab a hook. Consider yourselves managed. Rumors and propaganda wasn't just limited to the Third Reich or the Bush Administration.

We've been hearing about those MD90's for almost 2 years now.....If they really wanted them, they would have been here yesterday. The only thing I count on is the new Boeing order book which has the 2 "extra" 777LR's RA was going on and on about in the last check airmen meeting.

Don't count your jets until you are pushing back with the beacon on and revenue behind the cockpit door.....remember 1999 and the 777's??

Bill,

Are you in those exclusive management meetings? If not, then why do you bash "rumors?" Guess what? That is exactly what they are. RA did give some "meat" to a line check meeting, and that is all we have to go by, since we again are not "in the know." That's it, and it is all speculation. Things have sounded good though, and with oil coming down from the $140's, things can only get better from that point. Instead of telling us that we are being managed, why don't you read the rumors on here and add some if you have them? Quit raining on the parade. The MD90s are actually out there (the 28 Saudia MD90s are up for sale, that is a fact), and RA will decide where to put them if he wants them. Maybe he is waiting for the DCC.

BTW, Midwest will now be dumping 16 717s and eventually assimilate 12 RAH E170s (1.5years). Since NWA still owns a piece of Midwest, maybe those birds will come our way. You never know.

Bye Bye--General Lee

Last edited:
Sorry for the stupid question..
DC-9, MD88/90, B717 - all the same type rating as far as the FAA is concerned, right?

Midwest just dumped 16 717's on Boeing so they can all go to the highest bidder!

And I am not happy about this, Sorry to all the Midwest guys. I have been on your airline and it was always a first class operation.

General,

No rain here.....You don't even have clouds in your sky for rain!!

Everything is roses in your Delta world...you and everybody else getting on here bragging about planes that don't exist on DELTA'S CERTIFICATE are just making noise. If you are ready to guzzle RA's jizz, then go for it....just stop making claims on stuff you and I know nothing about (Reference your point about being in meetings)

BTW, only rumor I have heard is that we are going to the desert and cutting cargo doors in the Concorde so we can do JFK-LHR same day delivery subcontract for UPS....

Sorry To the Midwest folks. The General is busy dividing your items like when JC was attached to a cross.......great people made a great airline.....even with your planes, we can't duplicate it!!

Latest resources

Back