DAL CEO swings low

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
spanky2 said:
Other issues to think about....why would Delta recall the 250 pilots from FM II but leave 200 unassigned.

To save a few bucks while they are in training. Also, the reason most of them are unassigned is that the bid opened prior to those folks being on property. They didn't get to bid on the AE otherwise they would be "assigned" to a future position. I think you're reading a little too much into it. With the -200's going through heavy mx and capacity being added for the spring they won't be sitting at home for long.

Flyingsig,

That is correct. Many of the original 45 that came back before the bid got pretty much what they wanted (MD88 and 733) for FUTURE training. The others may get the 737-200 in ATL for awhile, but then move on.

Caveman,

I would NOT advocate hurting any current DCI pilot---and I would think that any type of a deal would see the furloughs just getting back into the cockpit and earning a living while waiting to get back into a mainline cockpit. Maybe Delta would give a deal like United did with their furloughs---2nd year pay etc....but at the bottom of your lists I would presume. With your possible expansion as a result of this--they could have a better quality of life sooner, and flying a nice jet in the process. I just want them to have an opportunity to get back into the air and not have to have food stamps at the same time------and I know that feeling because I was there once too.

Bye Bye--General Lee:rolleyes: ;)

"My CEO Makes $62,925.00 a Day..."

This figure includes:

6 weeks of vacation a year, Christmas, Thanksgiving, New Years, Labor Day, July 4th and 2 weeks of sick time.

New Flight Kit Sticker is available at http://www.cafeshops.com/ceo/0

"My CEO Makes $62,925.00 a Day... And He Thinks I Am Overpaid???"

Concessions??!! I think not.

land_on_3

(Thank you to a fellow DL pilot who did the math on another board)

Have they tried this oldie but goodie?

"If you agree to our concession package, we will grow the airline". ________(Insert CEO name here)

As an AA(soon to be ex-AA) pilot who witnessed the past 7 months, I continue to urge the Delta people to not give up one cent. It will go straight into the pockets of the senior management and you won't get it back. You also will not have any greater job security.TC

AA717drvr,

Yes, they just stated that. I think we have been through this before----in our '96 contract. We did eventually grow, but that was due to lower gas prices and a great economy. The tech business was growing etc... I hope better times are ahead of us all.

Bye Bye--General Lee;) :rolleyes:

I hope the DALPA pilots can do something to hold the line. 69% of the APA cut and ran at the first shot from management.

Latest posts

Latest resources

Back