• Invite everyone to Flightinfo.com and let's have fun

DAL AE's, Junior Bases

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
AE stands for Advance Entitlement. It is a bid and can include forward (vacancies) or rearward movement (displacements).

You can call it a "system" bid if you wish but that's not really what it is. It's to fill vacancies or move people back in surplusses.

Pertaining to the second question, prior to SOC or single certificate which is when NWA no longer exists even as the Delta subsidary it is now, any displacements/vacancies will be kept on respective fence sides. After the SOC which is scheduled for late Fall 2009, and NWA or DAL bubba can bid to the other side, based upon needs of Delta, with the exception of 747-400s (NWA) and Delta (777s). One cannot cross the fence on/off those jets for 5 years from SOC.

I am not sure whether those big jet fences apply to Captains only or both CA's and F/Os.

I would think it would be for both Captains and FOs, since it doesn't specify one way or the other. It said those planes are fenced off. I would think DTW 777 will be junior initiailly for both Captains and FOs from the DL side....for at least 5 years anyway. I see a lot of senior NWA guys going to ATL 744, though.

Bye Bye--General Lee

Last edited:
DAL pilots would have been better off with either proposal vs. original DAL, I guess I was talking to myself.

And you are correct. There are hundreds of DAL pilots that would have done better with NWA's DOH list.

I think the list is pretty fair. And I only say many DAL pilots would have been better off with the NWA proposal because it included a ten year fence.

The lack of fences combined with most DAL pilots moving down a couple of percent means there will be a lot of DAL pilots getting bumped out of their seats once we have SOC.

I never envisioned there would be zero fences (which for anyone too junior to fy the 777/747/787 is what we got). I really think the arbitrators dropped the ball on that one.

I never envisioned there would be zero fences (which for anyone too junior to fy the 777/747/787 is what we got). I really think the arbitrators dropped the ball on that one.

Too bad. That's the price that was paid to share in the attrition that NWA brought to the table.

Get over it and move on.

Nu

The lack of fences combined with most DAL pilots moving down a couple of percent means there will be a lot of DAL pilots getting bumped out of their seats once we have SOC.

Not necessarily true. No bump/ no flush unless you are displaced. So unless there are base realignments, parking of NWA aircraft, everyone will stay put.

Not necessarily true. No bump/ no flush unless you are displaced. So unless there are base realignments, parking of NWA aircraft, everyone will stay put.

Expect a lot of possible aircraft swaps at bases. I have heard MD88/90 to MSP (so they can hit both coasts), A320/19 to SLC (because the MD90 could not hit the East Coast from there nonstop, and could have A330s going from SLC to NRT, AMS, and CDG too), 744 to ATL, 767-400s to DTW (maybe), and 777s at either DTW or MSP---to fill in for the 744s going to ATL. Some A330s will move from SEA to JFK (for AMM, CAI, and TLV), and maybe some A330s in ATL also. I think the DC9s will probably stay in MSP/DTW/MEM, but will do a lot more of their flying through ATL to compete with Airtran. That is what I have heard, and tomorrow that could all change...

Bye Bye--General Lee

Last edited:
I think the list is pretty fair. And I only say many DAL pilots would have been better off with the NWA proposal because it included a ten year fence.

Well, at least the greenbooks who were left without a widebody seat after the Roberts award will have to bid up on their side if they want one of the top seats, and the 777 with a 5 year fence will make them look at the 744 first. They could try the 764 in ATL I suppose, but it won't pay as much, and they will have to wait for displacements first. I bet they will look at new A330 positions in ATL or SLC after they first bid for ATL 744.

Bye Bye--General Lee

Last edited:
How senior is SEA A330 FO/CA right now? Do you expect it to stay senior/junior over time? How about size, does DL want to grow it or keep it the way it is?

How senior is SEA A330 FO/CA right now? Do you expect it to stay senior/junior over time? How about size, does DL want to grow it or keep it the way it is?

Very senior, Except for the random guy (1000 seniority/5100) most Capts are in the top 300. Same with the F/O's. Reserve fo is 1996 hire, rest are easily 88-95 hires. Very small base for us. 300ish pilots. I will be very glad when 300 pilots don't get 2 votes out of 15 mec members.

Very senior, Except for the random guy (1000 seniority/5100) most Capts are in the top 300. Same with the F/O's. Reserve fo is 1996 hire, rest are easily 88-95 hires. Very small base for us. 300ish pilots. I will be very glad when 300 pilots don't get 2 votes out of 15 mec members.

Wow, 300? That seems like a lot for just AMS, NRT, and LHR? Or am I missing some? Do they cover the PRX and SFO flying as well?

Latest resources

Back