DAL 7674s

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
General Lee said:
I don't mind them staying a tad bit longer, as long as no one else is furloughed and they agree to some sort of recall of current furloughs in the mean time. But, they will all have to go eventually.Bye Bye--General Lee

Well the sooner they leave the better. Not that I wish them to be out of work but it was their choice to retire, and I would like to see those furloughed and who want to work back on the job. 230 of them, plus the proposed expansion and maybe all the Delta furloughs will be back sometime next year.:)

pipejockey said:
Well the sooner they leave the better. Not that I wish them to be out of work but it was their choice to retire, and I would like to see those furloughed and who want to work back on the job. 230 of them, plus the proposed expansion and maybe all the Delta furloughs will be back sometime next year.:)

Ummmm, yeah. I agree. Sure, some of them feel like they were pressured to leave, but I fly with plenty of 49 year olds that could not leave (had to be 50) and they would have had they had the chance. It would be nice to get everyone back, including TBKANE.

Bye Bye--General Lee

pipejockey said:

Not picking on you, but.....They chose to retire, got their lump sum so they are not out of work. What they are doing is taking work from some of our furloughed guys/gals while lining their pockets even deeper, and to me this is pretty pathetic. I for one think that anyone (PRP's) left on the property after the Dec 31 deadline are no better than scabs (and I don't use that term lightly)!

737 Pylt said:
Not picking on you, but.....They chose to retire, got their lump sum so they are not out of work. What they are doing is taking work from some of our furloughed guys/gals while lining their pockets even deeper, and to me this is pretty pathetic. I for one think that anyone (PRP's) left on the property after the Dec 31 deadline are no better than scabs (and I don't use that term lightly)!

How many furloughed guys are on the WB aircraft? Is there a training issue in terms of bringing back the senior 765/777 guys versus relatively junior furloughed pilots? I have no idea, just curious.

CU@OSHKOSH said:
Not too much incentive to recall furloughs when you can keep extending the PRP program.:cool: ;) :nuts: :)

These PRP guys would be at the very top of the scale though, right? The furloughed guys would largely not be. Wouldn't they generally cost more per hour? I'm not trying to flame anybody; just trying to get my arms around the issue.

How full are the training pipelines? If we brought back a bunch of guys who are rated on say, the M88 or the 732, how does that help us backfill on the 764 if we can't train 'em fast enough?

CU@OSHKOSH said:
The point is that PRP pilots CHOSE to retire early, furloughs obviously didn't.:cool: ;) :nuts: :)

Can't argue with that, I think the vast majority of DL staffers would rather see Delta's furloughees recalled as soon as possible. I know I would. Recalling retired DL captains sounds more like a stopgap to keep the flights properly crewed. It's obviously not a long term solution. The questions I would have are:

1. Are furloughed pilots being recalled/expected to be recalled and sent to recurrency training?

2. How full are the upgrade/change of eqpt training programs at DL? How booked up are the sims? Is training a bottleneck?

Latest resources

Back