DAL 7674s

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web

USAFftrplt

Hey all, Just read this over at the a.net forum and wanted to know if there was any truth to this? I thought the 7674s were working out well for DAL? Can anyone shed some light? Thanks

"A far worse example of an "under engined" aircraft is the 764. Again, while the performance of the aircraft is acceptable, reliability is suffering. The problems predicted for that aircraft at the launch are coming true as we speak for DAL. It's not oil consumption this time, but pretty much everything else is going wrong for that engine."

thats what i figured..i learned to take what they say over there with a grain of salt..hence why i came here to here the truth! :)

The 764s are doing a good job for us on Hawaii flights, and they will be going to DUB, SNN, and MAN from JFK this Summer, along with Rome from ATL. They would really be nice if we installed the 767-300ER Business Elite seats in them, which I heard was eventually coming. I haven't heard of any major problems with them.

Bye Bye--General Lee

General Lee said:
The 764s are doing a good job for us on Hawaii flights, and they will be going to DUB, SNN, and MAN from JFK this Summer, along with Rome from ATL. They would really be nice if we installed the 767-300ER Business Elite seats in them, which I heard was eventually coming. I haven't heard of any major problems with them.

Bye Bye--General Lee

Heard the same thing......thank god, those first class seats flat out suck for anything over about 3 hrs. Not that I really have any room to complain, just thinking of the paying customers and that they deserve more.
Cheers

Sinca3 said:
Heard the same thing......thank god, those first class seats flat out suck for anything over about 3 hrs. Not that I really have any room to complain, just thinking of the paying customers and that they deserve more.
Cheers

they werent too bad..ive flown 2 trips out to HNL and back from ATL in the Business Class elite seats and although they werent the best Ive ever sat in, they sure werent horrible either. The PTV made up for a lot though.

FlyingSig said:
First I've heard of it.... the only issues I've heard about the 764 is staffing issues...

I read a news article that Delta is once again trying to get retired pilots to come back to help their planned Intl. expansion. Am I mistaken, or are there not hundreds of Delta pilots on furlough?? Whats the matter with bringing those guys back? This is unconsionable!

USAFftrplt said:
thats what i figured..i learned to take what they say over there with a grain of salt..hence why i came here to here the truth! :)

Boy,did YOU come to the wrong place .....;)

PHXFLYR:cool:

Last edited:
pipejockey said:
I read a news article that Delta is once again trying to get retired pilots to come back to help their planned Intl. expansion. Am I mistaken, or are there not hundreds of Delta pilots on furlough?? Whats the matter with bringing those guys back? This is unconsionable!

They have it wrong, again. The original deal stated that all PRPs (retired pilots) were to leave the property after Dec 31st of this year.(the company wants to extend it until July 1st of 2006) Right now we have about 230 of them, and they fly the 767dom, 767Intl, 767-400, and 777. Most or all of the ones flying the 767 dom and Intl will be gone supposedly by the Dec 31st date, but the ones flying the 777 and 764 may have to stay awhile longer. That does not sit well with most here because we have given Delta 6 months or more to train replacements. And, most (not all) of the PRPs are LCA, line check guys needed to check out their own replacements. The only place I believe that is not true is on the 777 fleet. They will eventually all be gone----eventually. I don't mind them staying a tad bit longer, as long as no one else is furloughed and they agree to some sort of recall of current furloughs in the mean time. But, they will all have to go eventually.

Bye Bye--General Lee

Latest resources

Back