• Invite everyone to Flightinfo.com and let's have fun

DAL 767 lands taxiway M at ATL

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
Was he color blind? Blue vs. White lights?

Glad to hear no one was hurt and no metal was bent.

I've heard of a similar incident but I can't quite place it....................

I've come close to doing this with the sun in my eyes. Neither one of us caught it until about 800agl. We were initiating the go around when tower called.

It was completely humiliating and something I thought only idiots did. (please keep the bashing to a minimum :) )

The reason I say this is............ don't throw stones. I NEVER thought I'd pull a dumbass move like that and I damn near did.

Gup

I've come close to doing this with the sun in my eyes.
Gup

Why not label taxiways as taxiways from an aerial perspective so this doesn't happen again? It's easy to mark a runway 9L in white. Why not label a parallel taxiway as T A X I in yellow? Either that or put a big X just short of where it begins...

Why not label taxiways as taxiways from an aerial perspective so this doesn't happen again? It's easy to mark a runway 9L in white. Why not label a parallel taxiway as T A X I in yellow? Either that or put a big X just short of where it begins...

That's what we need-more X's all over the place. It will remind all the gummers of their eX- wives and all HEL% will break loose.

Latest resources

Back