• Invite everyone to Flightinfo.com and let's have fun

DAL 767 lands taxiway M at ATL

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
The OSU incident I remember was a TWA 707 landing there instead of CMH. They used to have pictures of it hanging in the greasy spoon there when I flew corporate. Has it happened more than once there with a legacy carrier?

Same thing almost happened to me at the exact same airport about nine years ago. We were at the end of a six or seven leg day and were coming in from Chicago Midway back to Columbus. It was night with a high overcast and when we descended through it my F/O (pilot flying) calls the airport in sight. I gave that info to approach and they cleared us for the visual.

Suddenly my F/O starts to nose over into a fairly steep decent. I look out at the runway in front of us and my tired brain is telling me something is not right here. I look at the FMS and it looks like we are not lined up for the airport. Not trusting the FMS completely (with no GPS they constantly go DR on us.) I quickly dial in the localizer and select green needles. I then realize we are lined up for OSU! We went around and continued on to CMH and I did not hear a peep out of ATC.

Guys, there is a lot to this. Let the facts come out. It will change the way you view it. Currently everyone is looking like dolts.

Everyone? That's a pretty broad brush, ACL.

It means double-breasted suits look retarded.

Chicks and old people don't think so. I guess you only care what the "guys" think.

Bye Bye--General Lee

Chicks and old people don't think so. I guess you only care what the "guys" think.

Bye Bye--General Lee
My problem with the double breasted suit is that you have to button the jacket or it looks stupid. With a regular blazer, you don't have to walk around with it buttoned up all the time. But then again, 2 Delta pilots were just given a second chance at life. So I guess, there are bigger issues than wearing double-breasted suits. We now have to make sure all Delta pilots are aware of the differences between white and blue lights, and how to properly identify runway markings vs. taxiway markings. The skill and credibility of the pilots at Delta are eroding away very quickly. Where are the Sulley's at Delta? I guess Cactus has all the heroes.

Joe,

You don't get treated as equals because you don't do the same job - you are flying acft and lift intentionally contracted to outsource and undercut mainline flying, using smaller acft.

That statement sums up the current mess very well...Somewhere along the line, flying one size airplane became a different job than flying other size airplanes....I found the job is getting easier as the airplanes get bigger and more automated...I think they are ALL the same job...That's just me....

Fly4hire said:
Why should I embrace you? So you feel better about bolstering your career at the expense of mine? Spare me the ALPA unity chant - "unity" and "brotherhood" as articulated by you and other feeder pilots is a pretext for "I should be able to steal out of your back pocket to fill mine".

I don't believe in the "unity" and "brotherhood" kumbaya either...You and others prove every day that is BS....I haven't believed in it for many years...

Reality check, people. If an RJ did this it would have gotten National Attention, and the talking heads on cable news would be saying how inexperienced and dangerous regional pilots are, how the schedules lead to fatigue, blah blah blah.

Mainline does it, and it's a 30 second blurb, with shoulder shrugs and "well, it happens, at least no one was hurt".

Total Double Standard. I think this is what all the Regional pilots who posted are tying to say!

The reason this "incident" hasn't had the press coverage that recent regional "accidents" have had is most likely due to the fact that no one got killed.

Just a hunch, but I bet there are numerous "incidents" every week that don't get much media attention. When a mainline aircraft has an "accident" with fatalities, it gets plenty of press.

Let's wait for the results of the investigation, then let's talk about it.

Last edited:

Latest resources

Back