• Invite everyone to Flightinfo.com and let's have fun

Daily contract rate for new G-IV SIC?

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
9 bucks is a little much an hour for a regional guy isn't it?

Maybe after year 15

Looks like a hit and run post. Oh well I was interested how someone could get 10000 hrs and no jet time, yet think they were going to jump into a gulfstream and fly around the world.

If you guys read my original post, I never said I thought I was going to jump in a Gulfstream and fly around the world. I only asked what would be a reasonable rate for a SIC with my background and experience (and no jet time) ......... if anyone would hire me as a SIC in a G-IV. And one of the reasons that I asked, is that if someone does want to hire me as an occasional G-IV SIC, I want to charge a rate that is both reasonable (for my background and experience) but also does not undercut other contract G-IV pilots. Why does that seem to be an alien concept to some of you?

So, again, thanks to those that actually answered the question. And, since some of you girls seem so concerned/curious about: I did not buy the Type, it didn't cost me anything ...... it was really just a case of good luck, being in the right place at the right time.

Its cool you have alot of experience in the aviation industry to bring to the table, but it really isn't going to catapult you to the top of the heap of the Gulfstream world. That, coupled with zero jet time.......you are a true SIC for the GIV. Like I said before, I hope you can get the top pay for SIC right out of the gate with zero time on type, zero jet time on anything, and zero Part 91 turbo-jet experience. BUT.....if you are offered less, you might want to take it and not worry about pissing other pilots off, or you might be sitting on your couch with a type-rating in your hand and a remote control in the other.

I know alot of people flying all the different Gulfstreams, the experienced GIV guys do get the $600-$700 per day as SIC, you might just be offered $300-$400 with zero time/experience on the GIV. The GIV has been tough to jump into for contract guys lately, now that all the new Gulfstreams have been coming out over the last few years. At least around here.

So to answer your question: Do what I did when I did my first Gulfstream flight as an un-typed SIC for a Part 91 operator years ago. I said the owner who asked me if I could do some flights with his captain, "how much will you charge me per day?" I said "the going rate is between $500-$600/day. Seeing as I have thousands of hours of jet PIC but no Gulfstream time, I'll take the lower rate of $500/day for now." I did that for about 10 flights, then it was $600 from there.

Just a Question....

you have a GIV type and you are trying to be an SIC....ok... What "real" sic, CRM aircraft have you flown? My curiosity lies, not in your experience, just why you chose the G-IV instead of say a Citation or CJ..?

Pahlease 9 bucks is about right. Accept it.

I'm still curious what aircraft you have 10000hrs in. If its in a Cub the price is way different than lets say a Dash 8.

You can actually answer that question and then better help you.

Just a Question.... why you chose the G-IV instead of say a Citation or CJ..?

I was able to get the G-IV Type basically because I was in the right place at the right time, and it was offerred to to me and I took it; I didn't have to "buy it". So I really didn't choose it; it sort of chose me. If I could have gotten a Citation Type or any other Type under the same (no cost) circumstances, I would have taken that. For those of you that seem so curious as to how I got 10,000 hrs without any jet time - not sure why that is important to the question I posed in the first place, as to G-IV SIC pay rates - there's not any great mystery to it: I've been flying for 30+ years, been a CFII for almost as long, and the other flight time that I have besides the 3500 MEL I previously mentioned is scatterred amongst SEL, SES (J-3 Cub on floats, very fun), helicopters (mostly turbine), and gliders.

TC?

He didn't make it. We chewed him up, spit him out, and sent him packing back to the regional airlines where he makes $9 an hour...

This is the price I pay for not having a laptop on the road.

Apparently, the children broke into the liquor cabinet again... ;)

Sincerely,

Just another airline pilot with a Gulfstream rating.

not sure why that is important to the question I posed in the first place, as to G-IV SIC pay rates - there's not any great mystery to it: I've been flying for 30+ years, been a CFII for almost as long, and the other flight time that I have besides the 3500 MEL I previously mentioned is scatterred amongst SEL, SES (J-3 Cub on floats, very fun), helicopters (mostly turbine), and gliders.

Your question was about daily rate. But you could have a couple of thousand hours in a 150 and your daily rate would be a lot different than multi crew, jet, international experience.

Sounds to me that your total time is minimal in the crew environment and by your evasiveness to break it down means you're looking at the bottom end of a daily rate/ undercutting someone with valuable cockpit time to offer.

Your question was about daily rate. But you could have a couple of thousand hours in a 150 and your daily rate would be a lot different than multi crew, jet, international experience.

Sounds to me that your total time is minimal in the crew environment and by your evasiveness to break it down means you're looking at the bottom end of a daily rate/ undercutting someone with valuable cockpit time to offer.

Didn't we already TRY to tell him that? TC

P.S.--Tell Wolfie I said hi! :D

Latest resources

Back