• Invite everyone to Flightinfo.com and let's have fun

Daily contract rate for new G-IV SIC?

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
msw ..i just got to add my 2 cents...... there is an old story..it goes something like "there i was no chit dark, stormy night,imc, pax yelling in the back ....my copilot was so new I was actually ifr with a distraction.
we use contract guys once in a while but i got to be honest i don't think you would be on the list. it is not a matter so much of wiggling the sticks it is knowing the corp/charter world ...how to interact with clients,fbo, arinc and a million other things without the cpt. having to hold your hand through it. we pay a thousand a day. in the ne. i sympathise(sp) with you as i had for many yrs the helicopter experience chip on my shoulder (all turbine couple thousand hrs). The truth is its the experiences of what can go wrong outside the a/c as much as the inside. i want a cp with me that can help not hinder when things like the f/a comes forward and tells you the boss is livid because the toilet smells while you are dealing with ny center on a winter friday night going to pbi.
i think a big negative that you need to overcome is enviormental more than technical. i would go looking for the whale chit dwellers to work full time for to get some experience. its tough with a giv though cause there are not a lot of those sbags flying them. good luck

I was able to get the G-IV Type basically because I was in the right place at the right time, and it was offerred to to me and I took it; I didn't have to "buy it". So I really didn't choose it; it sort of chose me. If I could have gotten a Citation Type or any other Type under the same (no cost) circumstances, I would have taken that. For those of you that seem so curious as to how I got 10,000 hrs without any jet time - not sure why that is important to the question I posed in the first place, as to G-IV SIC pay rates - there's not any great mystery to it: I've been flying for 30+ years, been a CFII for almost as long, and the other flight time that I have besides the 3500 MEL I previously mentioned is scatterred amongst SEL, SES (J-3 Cub on floats, very fun), helicopters (mostly turbine), and gliders.

Sorry bub, you may be a great stick, but these guys are trying to help. If this statement is accurate, its truly a case of you don't know what you don't know.

If you don't get why your background would be important on a intercontinental jet, then you have no business being there. If your 3500 hours of ME time has been flying around in a P3, C130, or even a King Air 350, it would be a different story than if it was giving instruction in a Dutchess and a 310. Not saying thats not valuable experience, but it really has no bearing on weather or not you'd be a valuable crew member, or a student in the cockpit of a jet.

Tell me, how many crossings do you have? Have you ever operated in RVSM airspace? Have you had any international procedures training? Are there going to be any issues leaving TEB at 1600 on a Friday afternoon? What is SWAP? What about 0800 on Saturday morning? Have you operated out of the mountain airports we go to on a regular basis? TEX? EGL? ASE?

There's more to it than closing the door and flying the plane. Thats the easy part.

Who wants to go golfing? I've got a tee time. Now where's that 'ole ball wash? :D

X

If I had a ball washer like that one, I wouldn't NEED to play golf... :eek:

TC

I previously mentioned is scatterred amongst SEL, SES (J-3 Cub on floats, very fun), helicopters (mostly turbine), and gliders.

Yeah if thats the bulk of your time its pretty much worthless. Unless the CP is big into floats or wants to get his float plane rating "very fun" doesn't help in todays CRM environment.

Latest resources

Back