Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Friendliest aviation Ccmmunity on the web
  • Modern site for PC's, Phones, Tablets - no 3rd party apps required
  • Ask questions, help others, promote aviation
  • Share the passion for aviation
  • Invite everyone to Flightinfo.com and let's have fun

Cxld my NWA interview for a class date at CAL.

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
Welcome aboard!

We do have a bright future. Steady growth plan, new aircraft, quick upgrade (for now). We do have our problems like everyone else but I would rather have our problems as opposed to most others. Plus most importantly we have a more solid scope than NWA. Job security?

I know a CAL 777 FO who commutes from EWR to Billings, MT. He flies as much as he can in 6 or 7 days and then takes 6 or 7 days off. You can do the same on the 756 and live in Fargo. Good luck and you have options, so take advantage of them. CAL is a good choice.

Bye Bye--General Lee

You have to commute because there is no way you can afford to live within a couple hours drive of Sewark.

I had a similar situation with another airline and NWA. I was offered a job at the other airline and accepted the class date. After some thought I called NWA and told them the situation and would like to cancel the interview. I specifically asked if I would be eligible to apply at a later time and they said yes.

I thought it would be a lot more honorable than going to the NWA interview and THEN turning down the job. I would think you would NEVER get another shot at NWA if you turn down a job offer. Now THAT would be "burning a bridge"!

Have fun at CAL!

I won't be doen with training until Dec.

besides, I would not want CAL to catch a wiff of that. I heard from a friend at my previous employer that CAL fired a guy when they found out he was not "faithful". I would have killed myself for losing CAL and not get hired at NWA either. Talk about burning bridges.

All I have to say is: When it rains, it flocking pours.

Do you think they'd be "faithful" when it comes time for furloughs?

You have to commute because there is no way you can afford to live within a couple hours drive of Sewark.

Thats a horrible untrue thing to say. The fact is that if you find a half filled dumpster by 7pm no one will bother for the rest of the night. Dont this let this get around too much, its getting harder to find places to sleep.

Latest resources

Back