Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Friendliest aviation Ccmmunity on the web
  • Modern site for PC's, Phones, Tablets - no 3rd party apps required
  • Ask questions, help others, promote aviation
  • Share the passion for aviation
  • Invite everyone to Flightinfo.com and let's have fun

Cxld my NWA interview for a class date at CAL.

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web

Paul R. Smith

Fender Bender
A bird in hand??

Or a missed opportunity?
Did I make the right decision?
I can't interview while I'm in class at CAL.

I think CAL has got the better outlook. Waddya think?

My wife's family lives in MSP though.:(

I would have done the interview. Never burn bridges in this industry but it does not hurt to go to an interview with a job in the back pocket. Why did you not postpone the interview till after your training and then make the decision?

What kind of hours did you have?

I won't be doen with training until Dec.

besides, I would not want CAL to catch a wiff of that. I heard from a friend at my previous employer that CAL fired a guy when they found out he was not "faithful". I would have killed myself for losing CAL and not get hired at NWA either. Talk about burning bridges.

All I have to say is: When it rains, it flocking pours.

Last edited:
Unless you have a burning desire to work at NWA or live in MSP, you made the right choice (like you said, a bird in the hand). That said, once you get your class schedule, you might have a few weekdays off after Indoc. Will NWA reschedule your interview?

Since you've already canceled the interview and accepted the class date at CAL.....don't look back, look forward and make the best of it. There's absolutely nothing you can do to get that NWA interview back, so move on.

I think you made a good decision and CAL looks to have a good future. Much of your happiness with your job depends on your own personal outlook, it's up to you.

Best of luck to you.

Yknot

Thanks for not flaming me.

I know thousands of us would really enjoy having this particular problem but it trully is quite a pickle.

The wife wants me to work at NWA since she grew up in Eastern ND. I just always thought I would end up at NWA. :bawling:

Oh well CAL aint exactly the kinda chick you kick out of bed.:pimp:

Mild flame alert:
Bro, why in the world are you asking complete strangers what's best for you (especially after you don't have any options left)? You gotta do what's best for you and your family, not what other clowns think is best.

Mild flame alert:
Bro, why in the world are you asking complete strangers what's best for you (especially after you don't have any options left)? You gotta do what's best for you and your family, not what other clowns think is best.

You're right on all counts. Thats why I already made my decision.

Don't sweat it too much, you will be senior to your would-be peers once CAL buys out NWA and staples them to the bottom of your list anyways! Thataways you can hold the left seat of a 330 in MSP about 15 years earlier!!! <JOKE>

Hey Paul Smith,

Did you flight instruct in EUG. That was the name of the guy that signed me off for my first solo and got me into this airline mess.

Latest resources

Back