• Invite everyone to Flightinfo.com and let's have fun

CVG Concourse C to close January 2009

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
They weren't talking about about a permanent closure to the concourse by the sound of the Wall Street Journal article.

We are relocating flights operated on Concourse C at Cincinnati-Northern Kentucky Airport to concourses A and B starting in January. Our customers on concourses A and B will enjoy improved access to jet bridges at gates, our Crown Room Clubs and other advantages such as kiosks and customer help line phone banks to ensure that the flying experience is consistent when transiting CVG on Delta or Delta Connection flights.

“Delta’s commitment is to offer our customers a seamless travel experience whether they are flying Delta or Delta Connection from any of our hubs,” said Don Bornhorst, s.v.p.-Delta Connection, in a memo to all employees. “Cincinnati is and will remain an important hub in our network, and we are pleased to take steps to invest in the long-term efficiency of the hub and respond to customers’ requests for more covered boarding, improved access to Crown Room clubs and the elimination of bus transfers to and from their flights.”

We are working with the CVG airport to add at least 11 new passenger loading bridges and other passenger handling improvements on concourses A and B that ultimately will eliminate ground-level boarding of Delta Connection flights and will eliminate passenger bussing between concourses B and C. The transition to all-covered boarding will occur during the next two to three years while our bus transfers will stop in January when DC operations are moved from Concourse C.

The transition of Concourse C operations to concourses A and B will not directly result in additional schedule changes because of recent schedule that already have adjusted CVG operations to reflect record-high fuel costs and have reduced overall gate usage.

Our planned changes at CVG are in line with changes made at other hubs in recent years to improve the consistency of service offered to customers flying both DL and DC flights, including adding more jet bridges at gates, improving access to Crown Room Clubs, and increasing access to first class upgrades with the addition of larger two-class regional jets.

We are relocating flights operated on Concourse C at Cincinnati-Northern Kentucky Airport to concourses A and B starting in January. Our customers on concourses A and B will enjoy improved access to jet bridges at gates (But they will not be in use. Passengers will still have to climb the stairs. Just like the back side of A terminal. Delta will say they're saving costs in not using them. Thanks for being a Team Player.) our Crown Room Clubs and other advantages such as kiosks and customer help line phone banks to ensure that the flying experience is consistent when transiting CVG on Delta or Delta Connection flights. Um, the kiosks are in the front of the terminal, so you use them regardless of which terminal you're flying out of.

“Delta’s commitment is to offer our customers a seamless travel experience whether they are flying Delta or Delta Connection from any of our hubs,” said Don Bornhorst, s.v.p.-Delta Connection, in a memo to all employees. “Cincinnati is and will remain an important hub in our network, and we are pleased to take steps to invest in the long-term efficiency of the hub and respond to customers’ requests for more covered boarding, improved access to Crown Room clubs and the elimination of bus transfers to and from their flights.” So we're eliminating C terminal bus use....what are they going to do with all the new busses they just bought? You ever see those brand new spiffy looking things? Look nice.....Parked. I've heard rumor that those busses are powered by old revisions.

We are working with the CVG airport to add at least 11 new passenger loading bridges and other passenger handling improvements on concourses A and B that ultimately will eliminate ground-level boarding of Delta Connection flights and will eliminate passenger bussing between concourses B and C. The transition to all-covered boarding will occur during the next two to three years while our bus transfers will stop in January when DC operations are moved from Concourse C. Why is A and B have nothing but jetways will this take 2-3 years? Again, we won't be allowed to use the jet bridges. More passengers walking on the ramp.

The transition of Concourse C operations to concourses A and B will not directly result in additional schedule changes because of recent schedule that already have adjusted CVG operations to reflect record-high fuel costs and have reduced overall gate usage.

Our planned changes at CVG are in line with changes made at other hubs in recent years to improve the consistency of service offered to customers flying both DL and DC flights, including adding more jet bridges at gates, improving access to Crown Room Clubs, and increasing access to first class upgrades with the addition of larger two-class regional jets
So with this being mainly Comair, CHQ and Freedom flying out of A and B, will the gate agents still be Delta...or will they become Comair?
I just love listening to the DAL gate agents talk about how all the regionals are ruining the DAL product.
"Hey sweety. Hate to tell you, but DAL ruined the DAL product!"

Um, the kiosks are in the front of the terminal, so you use them regardless of which terminal you're flying out of.

Not quite true...there are often kiosks w/i the terminals for folks to do seat changes, upgrades, re-routes, etc.

Back when I flew for OH they used to say we were the Delta Correction. Hey, I'm just the messanger.

Comair gate agents have been told that they will be manning gates in B concourse when the change occurs. Something like B1-13 mainline gates with mainline gate agents, B14-27 DCI gates with comair gate agents and most of A concourse will be DCI with Comair agents...recall 2 NWA gates will become DCI gates and I wouldn't be surprised to see the 2 Continental express gates get moved to terminal 2 and DCI get those gates also...(but that part is just my guess).

Fun times for everyone...I'd be nervous if I was a mainline gate agent in cvg!

Latest resources

Back