CVG based crews....

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web

JSky26

I will be moving out to the area in May and was looking for some living information.

I've never been to Cincinnati before so excuse the ignorance. For a young guy in his 20s, what areas of Cincinnati can you recommend? I'm looking for something not too expensive but I don't want to be out in the boonies. I'm looking for an area with decent nightlife, restaurants, etc etc? I've heard Northern KY is getting popular (Covington/Newport)?

The airplane is based at Lunken so a 30 min commute or less would be ideal.

Thanks.

I will be moving out to the area in May and was looking for some living information.

I've never been to Cincinnati before so excuse the ignorance. For a young guy in his 20s, what areas of Cincinnati can you recommend? I'm looking for something not too expensive but I don't want to be out in the boonies. I'm looking for an area with decent nightlife, restaurants, etc etc? I've heard Northern KY is getting popular (Covington/Newport)?

The airplane is based at Lunken so a 30 min commute or less would be ideal.

Thanks.

Cinci in general sucks...but Newport/Levee area has the night life, or Mt. Adams.

Cinci in general sucks...but Newport/Levee area has the night life, or Mt. Adams.

I agree 100%, was there for my ACA days. Try Covington as well. There really aren't to many places there that I would recommend. It really does suck.

I agree 100%, was there for my ACA days. Try Covington as well. There really aren't to many places there that I would recommend. It really does suck.

Care to elaborate why? I'm not expecting a world class city but man, it can't be that bad?

Yes, it can. But then it depends on your point of reference. Where you coming from? If it is Peoria, then you're in for a treat. But if you're from a major east coast or west coast city...well, ummm...let's see...we're still having race riots in this decade for one....enjoy!

(btw, when I came here, i asked where all the independent and ecclectic restaurants were..and I was told, "well, we have "Frisch's"....that's a Cincinnati "Bob's Big Boy" for the uniformed....)

Oh and NOTHING in this areais expensive for living...again, dependent upon your point of reference. Apt rents in DC will buy a great home here! Enjoy.

Stay on the Kentucky side of the river... But then again I was based at CVG and didn't have to deal with crossing the river to get to work.

Yes, it can. But then it depends on your point of reference. Where you coming from? If it is Peoria, then you're in for a treat. But if you're from a major east coast or west coast city...well, ummm...let's see...we're still having race riots in this decade for one....enjoy!

(btw, when I came here, i asked where all the independent and ecclectic restaurants were..and I was told, "well, we have "Frisch's"....that's a Cincinnati "Bob's Big Boy" for the uniformed....)

Coming from Chicago so I guess I should expect a drop in...... "culture"? :D

The area around Lunken is pretty dumpy too. They do have a good trail around the airport for running. I drive over there when I'm sitting around in CVG between trips to run...good 5 mile loop

Last edited:
Coming from Chicago so I guess I should expect a drop in...... "culture"? :D

Oh it will suck then, I keep wanting to move to Chicago.

Reds tickets are 5 bucks and it is a good way to go kill an evening.

Latest posts

Latest resources

Back