• Invite everyone to Flightinfo.com and let's have fun

Current Horizon Info.

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
All the A/C are dual FMS with GPS and IRU's. All A/C are CAT IIIa HGS hand flown. The RJ and 400 can do FMS and RNP approaches and departures. The 200's can not do approaches but can do the departures.

T- thats an awsome avatar!

Yes we are really short now with rumors more aircraft coming (Q400s of course) other than the aircraft schedualed to come next year. Also short on applicants, so apply and don't scrw the interview.

Not to rain on the parade but I know a few people leaving Horizon because they don't like sitting reserve / will take years to upgrade....

Steveair said:
Not to rain on the parade but I know a few people leaving Horizon because they don't like sitting reserve / will take years to upgrade....

And I know people staying because they like the company and the flying, they already have their time, don't care about a quick upgrade, and plan to be there long-term. So everyone needs to assess their own situation and make their own decisions as to what is best for THEM. The long upgrades etc, are well known so I believe people are aware of what they are signing up for.

Are there any 200/400 F/O's based is Seattle that can past a copy of a typical pairing or give some idea of what a new hire can expect?? Thanks in advance!!

No -400 pilots based in SEA. And you don't get to pick your aircraft or base as a new hire. They assign it. You also can't bid out of it at all for 2 years, and then, if you did, you would start over again at the bottom of the payscale. One of the great aspects of this dynamite contract courtesy of the Teamsters (and the locals who agreed to it).

Last edited:
Yank McCobb said:
you don't get to pick your aircraft or base as a new hire. They assign it.

Most places are that way!! The only reason I ask is I spoke with a Capt in DEN last week, he said they would be hiring in the next couple of months for the 200 and 400. He seems to think the rj was staffed pretty well!!

Latest resources

Back