Current Horizon Info.

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web

messdaddy

Got the call and am looking for any good information on the interview process. I did a search and saw some newhires out there. Can anyone PM me with some good info? I have the information off aviationinterviews.com.

Thanks.

A 25 or 50 question written test comprised of ATp written questions
A sim in a twin frasca I believe
---A Tight DME arc, An NDB approach and holding, ILS And thats about it
A HR interview 1 on 1
A Pilot Panel interview.

Thats tht jist.

Get your hand flying skills cooking again and you should do fine. Good luck!

Last edited:
Paul R. Smith said:
A 25 or 50 question written test comprised of ATp written questions
A sim in a twin frasca I believe
---A Tight DME arc, An NDB approach and holding, ILS And thats about it
A HR interview 1 on 1
A Pilot Panel interview.

Thats tht jist.

Get your hand flying skills cooking again and you should do fine. Good luck!

DME arc and NDB holding and approach? Do you guys actually fly any of those out west at Horizon?

RP170 said:
DME arc and NDB holding and approach? Do you guys actually fly any of those out west at Horizon?

The anatomical part of a female most commonly referred to by a slang term for a cat.

That's what comes to mind...

RP170 said:
I'm guessing your E-170 doesn't even have an ADF? You poor thing...how do you listen to Radio Disney?? ;)

P-Dawg_QX said:
I'm guessing your E-170 doesn't even have an ADF? You poor thing...how do you listen to Radio Disney?? ;)

Was just asking a question. No flame intended. We do have an ADF however.

The interview gouge above is incorrect, the process recently changed...I have a friend in the current class.

They still have the pilot interview & HR interview. The written is gone, replaced by a technical interview. They give you a short flight, such as Pasco-Walla Walla, with some bad weather thrown in, and ask you situational questions about it. You don't need to know FAR 121...if you're currently flying 135, they'll assume the flight is done under 135...if flight instructing, under 91.

Once all that is done they'll ship you over to Hillsboro to do a sim ride, since the Frasca at the training center is OTS. You can expect the same flight that you just discussed in the technical interview, with a curve or two thrown in. Will still involve a few approaches, holding, some NDB work, etc.

Good luck. We're really short on guys right now, particularly in the Q400. Did 110 hrs last month as a reserve.

Hmmm...so now that the NDB's are turned off and the approaches are going away, what now??? Are the aircraft GPS equipped???

Latest resources

Back