• Invite everyone to Flightinfo.com and let's have fun

Current 135 Per Diem Rates

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
Sad, but true. Those unlimited expense days are long gone for me, that's for sure!

G100driver said:
"You cannot even buy a good bottle of wine for $40.00!"

ultrarunner said:
Obviously coming from someone who hasn't picked up a Wine Spectator in a while.

I am not talking about what you can buy on your own but what you can purchase in a resturant. The mark up is around 100%!

Many of the "off brand" deals that the Wine Spectator is referring to are not avialable in resturants.

What is the maximum allowable tax free per-diem rate?

Last edited:
We get 2.29 per hour domestic and can choose either that or actual costs international. Pretty good from what I hear.:)

The maximum is $41/day for us workers in the "transportation industry".

http://www.irs.gov/irb/2005-03_IRB/ar12.html#d0e2855

IRS said:
Special rate for transportation workers. You can use a special standard meal allowance if you work in the transportation industry. You are in the transportation industry if your work:
Directly involves moving people or goods by airplane, barge, bus, ship, train, or truck, and

Regularly requires you to travel away from home and, during any single trip, usually involves travel to areas eligible for different standard meal allowance rates.

If this applies to you, you can claim a standard meal allowance of $41 a day ($46 for travel outside the continental United States) for 2004.
Using the special rate for transportation workers eliminates the need for you to determine the standard meal allowance for every area where you stop for sleep or rest. If you choose to use the special rate for any trip, you must use the special rate (and not use the regular standard meal allowance rates) for all trips you take that year.

Worked for a company 3 years ago that gave 1 dollar per hour..cheapskates.

Worked for another, where they kept Gov per diem and gave the pilots a charge card, instead of giving pilots the cash. I will attest a lot of my dinners were of the liquid variety at various bars and grills, or the bar section of some restaruants.

As airtanker copilot, got about 120 per day per diem according to contract. That was before gov perdiem once we left home base to go to fires, then we got gov per diem on top of earlier one.

Can't believe I'm the only one with this answer:
Company gives us Captains the company credit card, to be used for meals, hotels, etc. We are not given a maximum amount to spend, but are told to be fair to ourselves AND the company.
We've had guys abuse it, and they've been spoken to about it. But for the most part the deal works really well.

Latest resources

Back