Culpae poena par esto

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web

Vinny

Culpae poena par esto = Let the punishment fit the crime!

CitationAir management's latest evil tactic was to announce a pilot schedule change from a 7&7 schedule to an 8&6. This amounts to another 26 workdays a year -- with no pay increase. I sincerely hope the CA pilots take this as a wakeup call, and do whatever is necessary show management the error of their ways. These clowns should pay dearly for this stupid blunder.

Below is the text from the latest Monday Brief:

"NEGOTIATIONS
[FONT=Simplified Arabic Fixed,Simplified Arabic Fixed][FONT=Simplified Arabic Fixed,Simplified Arabic Fixed]
»
[/FONT]
[/FONT][FONT=Calibri,Calibri][FONT=Calibri,Calibri]Last week brought a disturbing announcement from CitationAir President Terry Clark: Beginning March 1[/FONT][/FONT][FONT=Calibri,Calibri][FONT=Calibri,Calibri]st[/FONT][/FONT][FONT=Calibri,Calibri][FONT=Calibri,Calibri], he is unilaterally requiring each pilot to work 26 more days per year for no additional pay. Your Union’s [/FONT][/FONT][FONT=Calibri,Calibri][FONT=Calibri,Calibri]Negotiating Committee [/FONT][/FONT][FONT=Calibri,Calibri][FONT=Calibri,Calibri]proposed comprehensive language to address the imposition of this change. Unfortunately, management was not interested in "doing the right thing" by its pilots, who have provided the Company and its customers with "Award Winning" [/FONT][/FONT][FONT=Calibri,Calibri][FONT=Calibri,Calibri]Yellow Tie Service [/FONT][/FONT][FONT=Calibri,Calibri][FONT=Calibri,Calibri]for years. Management rejected your Union’s proposal without even attempting to negotiate. Following are a few excerpts from your Negotiating Committee’s report, which was published last evening. You can read the entire report by clicking [/FONT][/FONT][FONT=Calibri,Calibri][FONT=Calibri,Calibri]here[/FONT][/FONT][FONT=Calibri,Calibri][FONT=Calibri,Calibri].
[/FONT]
[/FONT][FONT=Simplified Arabic Fixed,Simplified Arabic Fixed][FONT=Simplified Arabic Fixed,Simplified Arabic Fixed]
»
[/FONT]
[/FONT][FONT=Calibri,Calibri][FONT=Calibri,Calibri]"Because management’s goal for the pilots’ share of Company-wide savings represents the lion’s share of the total, your negotiators attempted to reduce the pilots’ exposure by finding potential savings hidden in other nooks and crannies of the Company’s operations and expenses."
[/FONT][/FONT][FONT=Simplified Arabic Fixed,Simplified Arabic Fixed][FONT=Simplified Arabic Fixed,Simplified Arabic Fixed]
»
[/FONT]
[/FONT][FONT=Calibri,Calibri][FONT=Calibri,Calibri]"Their response to each item varied from "no" to "we will look into it." Of
course, under their concept and opinion of what you are worth to the Company, should any of the Union’s suggestions be implemented and actually save the Company money, pilots are not going to receive any additional compensation."
[/FONT][/FONT][FONT=Simplified Arabic Fixed,Simplified Arabic Fixed][FONT=Simplified Arabic Fixed,Simplified Arabic Fixed]
»
[/FONT]
[/FONT][FONT=Calibri,Calibri][FONT=Calibri,Calibri]"To justify their position on compensation, management stated that CitationAir’s pilots are "significantly overpaid" in comparison to pilots at the Company’s competition, even after you are forced to work 26 more days per year for nothing!"
»
[/FONT]
[/FONT][FONT=Calibri,Calibri][FONT=Calibri,Calibri]"…management had already made up their mind to implement the 8&6 Schedule on March 1[/FONT][/FONT][FONT=Calibri,Calibri][FONT=Calibri,Calibri]st [/FONT][/FONT][FONT=Calibri,Calibri][FONT=Calibri,Calibri]before we even walked in the door!" ". . . management said they had no intention of increasing a pilot’s annual salary to compensate for working those extra 26 days."
»
[/FONT]
[/FONT][FONT=Calibri,Calibri][FONT=Calibri,Calibri]The only bright spot last week was that two formal Letters of Agreement (LOAs) were signed by your Union and the Company: One for recognition of your Pilot Professional Standards Committee, and one that establishes Policies and Procedures for the ASAP at CitationAir, including protection from discipline for operational deviations, so long as a pilot files an ASAP report before management learns of it from some other source and the ERC accepts that report. More information on these LOAs to come! "
[/FONT]
[/FONT]

Evil is right! Let's see if this will finally galvanize those that are still true believers...if not then all the naysayers will have been right and we as a profession truly have no one left to blame but ourselves.

It's not just the evil that is the problem but even more so, it's the silent enablers of evil...

The sickest joke of all is that the average 25 hour jet card holder has more rights with Cessna/CitationAir than any pilot no matter how long and hard they may have worked to make CitationAir into what it was. Despite knowing this, there are still pilots out there that don't believe there is strength in numbers and instead cozy up to their eventual executioners.

Shame!

It is a broken business model that is dying on all fronts. And when BO get his way with these jets loosing their tax deductible status, the rate of their demise will be accelerated.

Evil is right! Let's see if this will finally galvanize those that are still true believers...if not then all the naysayers will have been right and we as a profession truly have no one left to blame but ourselves.

It's not just the evil that is the problem but even more so, it's the silent enablers of evil...

The sickest joke of all is that the average 25 hour jet card holder has more rights with Cessna/CitationAir than any pilot no matter how long and hard they may have worked to make CitationAir into what it was. Despite knowing this, there are still pilots out there that don't believe there is strength in numbers and instead cozy up to their eventual executioners.

Shame!

Fight! Shut them down! 8 and 6 is like slavery, for sure! I will wave as I pass by the unemployment line, reflecting on the fact that you did it to yourself. A better idea might be to find a better job and leave CA. Its the employment equivalent of consumers voting in the marketplace.

It is a broken business model that is dying on all fronts. And when BO get his way with these jets loosing their tax deductible status, the rate of their demise will be accelerated.

I think the business model is fine. The economy is weak and BO is doing all the wrong things to fix it.

The only things broken are that those scumbags in management can make a change like that during status quo and Obama's handling of the economy.

I think the business model is fine. The economy is weak and BO is doing all the wrong things to fix it.
One of us is right and only time will tell if the business model is broke or just hibernating. However being successful and living the good life is now politically incorrect in this country, unless of course you are part of the ruling class, kinda like the communistis in Russia. Because of this you will need to be punished if you use a private jet.

Fight! Shut them down! 8 and 6 is like slavery, for sure! I will wave as I pass by the unemployment line, reflecting on the fact that you did it to yourself. A better idea might be to find a better job and leave CA. Its the employment equivalent of consumers voting in the marketplace.

So here is what this steaming pile had to say on 2/9/12:

"I would cross because I care about my job and the jobs of my fellow pilots, and would fear a (hypothetical) strike would put our company out of business or severely downsize it, hurting me and my colleagues."

This guy is a coward a turncoat and a liar. The fact that he, once again, openly admits that he would laugh if the faces of his fellow pilots, on one of their worst days, tells us all we need to know about his character.

It's clear the NJ guys know who this creature is (Current Gulfstream pilot, former AA pilot). Why not share his identity??

Latest resources

Back