• Invite everyone to Flightinfo.com and let's have fun

Cs/nja

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
I always score 100% and give 100% when and where it counts!

You can take that any way you want!

Humphreybogart said:
This won't happen at CS because our owner is an extremely successful business man who respects his employees. >

Hmm... seems to me that the same thing was said about Santulli at NJA. That changed, didn't it? What if your owner sells the company to someone else who wants to "trim" things??? Who will protect you then? The only reason NJA pilots now have a decent TA is unity. We were, mostly, unified due to the strong Union leadership of the past 9 months. I know that the local 1108 has done some great things for individuals as well... eg getting jobs back to pilots who were unjustly terminated.

Hydrarkt, my thoughts exactly! Santulli.....aka...Shamtulli earned his nickname from the broken promises he "rewarded" his loyal employees with. Luckily, for the pilots, one of our negotiators has a long memory! The scope language in the new TA, regarding NJI, isn't about "grabbing seats" there. It is all about holding the CEO (former owner) to his word. With the foot dragging and unethical conduct of management we witnessed in the NJA labor dispute, the need for a Strong Union couldn't be more obvious.

Once the TA is ratified (I'm guessing it will be) the NJA pilots will rely on SU to keep the Company "honest". We've all seen how necessary that job is with the huge number of grievances filed in past months, and more still waiting to be settled.

NJW

Really a shame you had to show so much animosity towards a man who puts food on your family's table. The guy's a business man, not a boy scout!

This is time for healing, not animosity. I can talk about Local 284 anauseum, I can talk about Pay For Training...I can talk about "last and final offers"...but, it's now time to let it go!

Send Mr Santulli one of your Blue Mountain Arts Cards, they are far more effective!

Don't forget the man that put the food on the table was dragging his feet for four years. I'm all for gett'n on with the job, but the check ain't in the mail yet. I agree with NJwife, I'm just glad we had negotiators with long memories.

Do you have to take a whole week off or can you take 2 or 3 days for vacation? Will they cut your tour short?

Hawkered said:
Really a shame you had to show so much animosity towards a man who puts food on your family's table. The guy's a business man, not a boy scout!

This is time for healing, not animosity. I can talk about Local 284 anauseum, I can talk about Pay For Training...I can talk about "last and final offers"...but, it's now time to let it go!

Send Mr Santulli one of your Blue Mountain Arts Cards, they are far more effective!

Sorry Hawkered,
Santulli, etal have reaped far more than they will ever give to their employee's. Sure he's a businessman but I will never trust him or any of his henchmen.
The union got this improvement in working conditions, it took FOUR years. Fours years that NJA lined their pockets with our money.
I'll vote for the TA but I will never have much respect for BB or RTS. They had the chance to do this right a few years ago, but they knew how hard and how long to push, thank god for SU.
As for putting food on my table, I (we) earned every penny and if I hadn't earned it here I would have earned it somewhere else.

I stilll willl not have any questions for BB when recurrent comes around.

Humphrey,

Come on, how can you say unions in aviation suck?

My union just got me,

$40 thousand dollars

$90K at year five.

I work almost a month less then you.

I have the best crew meals money can buy.

3 weeks of vacation a year

12 sick days a year

Most important, I have scope protection......Do You ?

Get real, dont be bitter !!!!

Latest resources

Back