• Invite everyone to Flightinfo.com and let's have fun

Cruise Pilot?

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
Ok, here's the deal and I already know it can't be done legally.

We've got a guy off on medical. He's fine, just doesn't have his medical back. We're short (and the company's jacking with his employment status--long-term disability requires a termination) and we could put him to use and avoid any disability issues.

We've got to go to plan B. Thanks all! TC

XTW--Considering you spent most of your career deadheading between preflights, you WOULD like that gig. :D
We used to have a guy like that. We used him as a right seater in a KA-350 with a single-pilot rated Captain to work the radios. It worked out ok.

LS

The medical sounds like the limiting factor. Can he get a 2nd or 3rd class?

Yeah. The medical is off the table. That's the problem. He's already with us and is current as of Feb. TC

P.S.--You get your certified letter yet? ;)

The FAR's clearly state that you don't need a medical to teach, just a CFI. What about him doing a bit of instructing on enroute or special area operations along the way... I know it's lame but it is the best I have for now.....

We got it fixed. Thanks everyone! TC

Yeah. The medical is off the table. That's the problem. He's already with us and is current as of Feb. TC

P.S.--You get your certified letter yet? ;)

I've got over 500+ numbers to go before I have to tell them, "no thanks". How about you?

528 before the recalls but who's counting. ;) I have to wait at least till I'm 50 and retire so I can get my passes on AA.

Man, I miss non-revving. (Like I miss having a vasectomy... :eek: ) TC

Who is an idiot? Me? Possibly but the jury's still out. I prefer the term "slow".

G4G5 is an idiot but only after an evening of "dining" at Wet Willies in SAV.

'Sled? Perhaps in the privacy of his own home...

XTW... Definately not an idiot. He'd use up a whole bunch of other disparaging adjectives, though.

Can you be more specific? Thanks.TC

Latest resources

Back