• Invite everyone to Flightinfo.com and let's have fun

CRM question - Captain/FO

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
I am an F/O at a regional. If the captain trys to take charge, I just tell him i'm going to twist him into a pretzel when we get on the ground. I make sure i'm the one making the decisions. Just because this Geek sitting next to me got here first doesn't mean I have to listen to him. One time I had to karate chop some clown right in the chops because he told me I was to high. I said oh ya. Crack right across the chops. Before the flight was over he was calling me Sir. I know this type of CRM is unorthodox but it works!!!!
Surely, you must be kidding...right?
Must be flame bait then--regional or not, the F/O is NEVER in charge of the flight (unless F/O is Chk amn giving IOE). The F/O may need to step up to the plate though in hopefully rare instances where the Capt. is going to knowingly/unknowingly jeopordize safety of flight. And then, the F/O should diplomatically but unequivocably state concern and suggested alternative(s). If that goes unheeded--then the F/O must take it to the next level...but I think we all know how to handle that.

Surely, you must be kidding...right?
Must be flame bait then--regional or not, the F/O is NEVER in charge of the flight (unless F/O is Chk amn giving IOE). The F/O may need to step up to the plate though in hopefully rare instances where the Capt. is going to knowingly/unknowingly jeopordize safety of flight. And then, the F/O should diplomatically but unequivocably state concern and suggested alternative(s). If that goes unheeded--then the F/O must take it to the next level...but I think we all know how to handle that.

I'm sure it was flame bait because I've never come across someone that actually believed he could strike another crew member and get away with it.... This guy obviously is sufering from an inferiority complex or a transgender problem and is in the pre-op stages to have a vah jay jay installed.....:laugh: (yes I'm drinking right now and damn proud of it!.......dude with with the clown head avatar.... a vah jay jay is synonymous with my favorite animal the beaver!)

I'm ready to apply at NWA now just to throw the gear for you! It'd be nice if all Capt's had your attitude. I was almost as generous in and out of the cockpit when I was in the left seat. You get a lot more quality work out of an FO if you are not throwing a "I am the Capt therefore I am God" complex on them. The guys that make the whole trip feel like a mission to Mars by over complicating things are the worst....

You are one of the captains that I used as a model of how to run a cockpit when I upgraded. I allways enjoyed the standard, but still laid back flight deck.

You will have some overbearing FOs/CAS. I am just thankfull to work for a company where I do not fly with the same person for a month straight. However I've accidentally coached senior FOS, (that were outstanding pilots) because the last leg I did was with a new hire that had 300 hours total time. I would rather be the jerk and suggest to the senior guy that we slow down then assume the junior guys has it undercontroll.

Disclaimer-I've had a lot to drink and I will not be held acountable for spellling and gramatical errors.

However I've accidentally coached senior FOS, (that were outstanding pilots) because the last leg I did was with a new hire that had 300 hours total time. I would rather be the jerk and suggest to the senior guy that we slow down then assume the junior guys has it undercontroll.

Damn, you were drunk! What were you drinking? I'm on my way to the store and I don't know if I should pick some up or NOT.

It seems like some guys get that 4th stripe and think they no longer make mistakes. Everybody screws up at some point. Thats why we are a crew of 2.

Latest resources

Back