CRJs limited to 250 KIAS?

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
E170Guppykiller said:
I heard that the restriction in speed is due to an AD put out by the Feds restricting speed to 230kts because the low time pilots flying them are having a hard time keeping ahead of the plane. The AD does NOT apply to pilots that have attended Riddle's high speed aerodynamics course. As they have shown on paper that they can handle the speed of the CRJ.

Dude, you sure as sh#t are half a f#g! You need to go back to posting as 410dude, you piece of sh#t. How many times a day do you change your avatar you co#$sucker?

If the gear doors are missing you are limited to 250...had three different airplanes in 3 days like that..go figure. Skips gathering a collecion of spare parts for his new airline before he leaves!!!

gordon24 said:
A low-blow, Arctic. Yea, I think my boy is pretty much done for this year. I'll change it to the drive for 5 in '06!

So's Earnhardt.

My boy (2) is done at the end of this season. I'm adding a zero at the end of Rusty's number for next year. Tony is an open wheel guy.........I like that.

Speaking of open wheels........anyone involved with (Midgets) Stealth chassis and the Focus engine?

AF :cool:

Last edited:
DAS at 10/250 said:
I've alway been a fan of Coit's in OKC. Never been to Weber's. I'll have to try it next time I'm up in RVS. Got an address?

PS Kream, I used to be a huge Bills fan until I lost my arse betting on three Superbowls. Never again. Sorry Norwood....

theres a few around town, the one i go to is on 71 and sheridan. iw as too young to care back then as much as i do now about the bills. i grew up there so i got remain true to the home team you know........and the sabres

Lear70 said:
Anything that has anything to do with the gear system. Landing gear doors, door brushes, as well as anything that would keep the gear fixed down.

I've flown several of these types of deferrals over the last few months. Things have a tendency of not getting fixed around here lately, mostly due to lack of parts.

The aircraft will often have the part in question replaced from a perfectly good working aircraft, then THAT aircraft will be DMI'd for 7 days. Seen it a couple times now, it buys the company time...

p.s. That's pretty funny Rook... brought back memories - haven't seen that movie in a while. :)

K-BALLing parts off an aircraft is one thing, but doing this to an aircraft that is knowingly going to be operated in revenue service just so you can extend the deferral??? I don't think this is the intent of the MEL/CDL, that time limit is there for a reason.

e170guppykiller,

it looks like you do have the balls to.....

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kream926
^^^^ please tell me you didnt take a picture of yourself and use it as an avitar.

At least I have the balls to post one. Do you?

....wait...that's not a picture of you is it?

"The AD does NOT apply to pilots that have attended Riddle's high speed aerodynamics course. As they have shown on paper that they can handle the speed of the CRJ."

Just another one of the many reasons I am ashamed to call myself an alum...

From now on, I'm no longer a Riddle grad... I graduated from Burger University, with a major in Wet Pickle Placement. Certainly a more uselful course of study.

There are exceptions, granted, but there are just too many Riddle dorks out there!

Latest resources

Back