CRJs limited to 250 KIAS?

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
Kream926 said:
^^^^ please tell me you didnt take a picture of yourself and use it as an avitar.

At least I have the balls to post one. Do you?

Last edited by a moderator:
E170Guppykiller said:
At least I have the balls to post one. Do you?

balls? yes. a pair. brass ones. you've probably seen me out. im the one walking with the wheelbarrow<sp> to carry them in

E170Guppykiller said:
I heard that the restriction in speed is due to an AD put out by the Feds restricting speed to 230kts because the low time pilots flying them are having a hard time keeping ahead of the plane. The AD does NOT apply to pilots that have attended Riddle's high speed aerodynamics course. As they have shown on paper that they can handle the speed of the CRJ.

So does that mean you have to fly your E170 at 230 kts too?

Good idea!
Keep flying slow and underperforming.
Hopefully, we will have your contract soon.
Thanks for the help.

StaySeated said:
Just trying to recoup the 3 year pay/longevity freeze. We would go slower if we could.

panamclipper said:
Good idea!
Keep flying slow and underperforming.
Hopefully, we will have your contract soon.
Thanks for the help.
Keep smoking that crack Clipperboy...

We could fly these planes around at 250 kts all day long and STILL probably make 98% on-time arrival. NORTHWEST has set the timetables on all these flights, and they're set rediculously high on our trip sheets. I normally bid a low 90 hour line and REGULARLY underblock that when I'm flying profile.

Last week's 6 day trip during interface and I underblocked 16 legs by 1 hour and 48 minutes, and that was doing profile. We're always so d*mn early that Mesaba never has our gate available - why do you think we're always sitting out on the deice pad somewhere in DTW? At least MEM and MSP makes sure the gate will be open for at least 20 min before our scheduled arrival.

I watched a flagship climb out of MSP the other day with its gear extended. They left it down as far as I could watch them. I figured it was because the GIA right seater forgot to say, "dude... positive rate"

:cool:

good burger, home of the good burger

speaking of burgers, weber's in tulsa has the best, and good root beer

E170Guppykiller said:
I heard that the restriction in speed is due to an AD put out by the Feds restricting speed to 230kts because the low time pilots flying them are having a hard time keeping ahead of the plane. The AD does NOT apply to pilots that have attended Riddle's high speed aerodynamics course. As they have shown on paper that they can handle the speed of the CRJ.

D!ckweed, that is one lame reply!!!!:p On paper huh??? I've shown on paper that I could fly the space shuttle, but I haven't gotten a class date yet. You're a friggin' tool bag. Go back to the little boys group you came from!!!!!

I've alway been a fan of Coit's in OKC. Never been to Weber's. I'll have to try it next time I'm up in RVS. Got an address?

PS Kream, I used to be a huge Bills fan until I lost my arse betting on three Superbowls. Never again. Sorry Norwood....

Last edited:

Latest resources

Back