• Invite everyone to Flightinfo.com and let's have fun

CRJ vs. ERJ

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
dragonbravo - so what your saying is that the 200 was streached and had its wings lowered to become a 700. i fly both their is more than that thats different. i guess the 717 is also a streach crj with a different fuselage and engines, and they are both shortened md 90s. the reason the nose sits lower is so it does not need emergency slides. your right it does go faster due to bigger engines. i bet it would go further if it had bigger fuel tanks

T-handle said:
Dude, turboprops rule, always have, always will. :p

Righteous! Bring back the DC-3s! Right on dude. Give it up for some old school. I'm just wondering how like the peeps that buy the tickets would react.

Nova said:
The are there to energize the airflow UNDER the ailerons not over. They control span wise airflow. Any airflow OVER a wing would be aided by vortex generators.

It's a weight issue not a complexity issue.

Why on earth do you need to energize air UNDER the aileron and how is that going to happen nose high any way? Just wondering.

Yes, weight was an issue, but this is an airplane designed to be reliable first and formemost. Roll spoilers are just one more thing that will break. EMB didn't want that.

LegacyIIDriver said:
Why on earth do you need to energize air UNDER the aileron and how is that going to happen nose high any way? Just wondering.

Have you read your manual?

LegacyIIDriver said:
Shutdown by people who can't even quote the stats for the airplane correctly. People who can't understand what PRE-S/N 690 means....I.E. LEGACY I vs. LEGACY II. Get a grip on it man.
Oh brother, WSofD Driver is back under a whole new name! :cool:

I guess he got tired of his other screennames...

Skull-One (yes, the infamous "Wrongfully Terminated RJ Captain" returns for a fourth time!)
LegacyDriver
vraciu

When will the fun ever end??? :confused:

But wait, with the new software upgrade... :rolleyes:

Several months later now and the ONLY thing on the Embraer web site is a "Legacy", there is no mention of the fabled "Legacy II" that is light years ahead of any other aircraft... :rolleyes:

Now if this airplane really did exist and was "all that" wouldn't one think the manufacture would take the time to update their worldwide marketing tool (ie. web site) immediately upon it's release? I mean Falcon has had the 7X on their site for well over a year, Gulfstream had the G-350, G-450 and G-550's on it's site prior to the release, so why is the Legacy II such a well kept secret??? :rolleyes:

Last edited:
Did we ever come to a consensus about this?

Is it

WSCoD
or
WSoD?

Opinions please.

English said:
Did we ever come to a consensus about this?

Is it

WSCoD
or
WSoD?

Opinions please.

Yes it was determined in another thread via a majority concensus, that S-Can is in fact one word, so the proper abbreviated for the Legacy (and the fabled Legacy II) is WSofD

Got it, thanks.

I just wanted to make sure I gave the plane the respect it deserves.

Whistling Sh!tcan of Death

Latest posts

Latest resources

Back