• Invite everyone to Flightinfo.com and let's have fun

CRJ vs. ERJ

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
My understanding is the XR can go to 390. Having not flown it I could be wrong.

HOWEVER, the Legacy goes to 410 and it weighs more than a 145LR at MTOW, IIRC.

The best plane is the one with the most money, most days off, and best QOL. Anything else is lost on me.

I've flown them both and I would take the ERJ over the CRJ-200. The ERJ has a place to store your crew bag and you don't have to mess with the temp controller (In auto mode the Flight Attendant controls the temp in the back). The CRJ-700 is in a whole different league though.

And by the way, the CRJ700 makes the CRJ200 and any ERJ look like fudge packing, fairy planes..;-

You guys really care about this?

My only questions when it comes to airplanes are:

(1) What does it pay?
(2) How long do I have to be away from home?

But Fins! Shiny jets are Cooooooool, I'll take a pay cut to get more on the property! Hell, I'd fly one for free! I just love to fly.

Are we going to discuss this every week? If I can fit my 250 pound ass into the ERJ comfortably than I guess it has a pretty spacious cockpit. And no the XR cannot go to FL390, it's still 370.

The CRJ is certainly built more solidly. The ERJ by contrast is a tin can. But therefore, I'm guessing, the ERJ's economics must be better. The ERJ (and even moreso the DoJet) has more advanced avionics. I missed the true VNAV of the Honeywell Primus 2000 when I switched to the CRJ, but the CRJ is certainly a lot more reliable, and its cockpit seats are more comfortable than the DoJets by far. In the back, in a full ERJ one is less comfy than in a CRJ, and a DoJet was by far the most comfy RJ in back until the ERJ 170s and 190s came out.

Last edited:

Latest posts

Latest resources

Back