• Invite everyone to Flightinfo.com and let's have fun

CRJ vs. ERJ

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
Well I know about CRJ-200 FL410 issues. If thats what you mean, if not, consider me totally oblivious

Nindiri said:
I always thought the ERJ looked a lot better than the CRJ on the outside, but I like the CRJ cockpit better. Wider, and I prefer the 6 crt setup vs 5 crt.

That's cool! They're both good jets. The ERJ is wider inside though--in the cockpit. Seems like there is more leg room in the ERJ in back. I don't like the outside look of ERJ. That's just my opinion.

The CRJ is wider period...thats why it has 2/2 seating configuration versus 2/1. The ERJ is long and narrow...hence the nickname "taco rocket".

I like the look of the ERJ better, the CRJ-200 looks kind of knoby. Althought the 900 loos pretty good, more like a "big" airplane.

Having about 2500 pic in the ERJ and 1000 in the CRJ; I would say that the CRJ is a slightly better airplane. I prefer the six screen display on the CRJ to the five screen on the ERJ. Also, while the ERJ indeed does climb to 370 much quicker and efficiently, you also tend to leave 5-7 people behind on longer flights or with shorter runways. The ERJ has much more advanced engine controls and RMU features, mostly due to the CRJ being a older design that the 145. As to the cockpit size, the ERJ is a deeper cockpit(front to back) but the CRJ is wider. Also, the CRJ is much quieter, especially at low altitudes and high speeds.

I had the biggest leg cramp in my life riding a CRJ. The ERJ is more comfortable front and back. The J/S on the CRJ is better, but I only had to do that once.

ERJ Cockpit has a better design concept, and being tall I appreciate the legroom.

The CRJ looks piggish and squatty. The ERJ looks rakish and sits like a muscle car, not squatting on its haunches. ERJ I find prettier. The Legacy is WAY better looking than the Challenger, CRJ, or ERJ for that matter.

ERJ all the way for me. Oh, and in the XR it goes to 390. The Legacy 410. Direct.

:)

Let us not start on the ERJ-170 vs. CRJ-700. You might as well start parking those Canadian birds in the desert. The 170 is fantastic all the way around.

Last edited:
LegacyIIDriver said:
I had the biggest leg cramp in my life riding a CRJ. The ERJ is more comfortable front and back. The J/S on the CRJ is better, but I only had to do that once.

ERJ Cockpit has a better design concept, and being tall I appreciate the legroom.

The CRJ looks piggish and squatty. The ERJ looks rakish and sits like a muscle car, not squatting on its haunches. ERJ I find prettier. The Legacy is WAY better looking than the Challenger, CRJ, or ERJ for that matter.

ERJ all the way for me. Oh, and in the XR it goes to 390. The Legacy 410. Direct.

:)

Let us not start on the ERJ-170 vs. CRJ-700. You might as well start parking those Canadian birds in the desert. The 170 is fantastic all the way around.

I thought the XR and all of the ERJ's go to FL370? I haven't gone through GS, but have always heard and thought it was FL370. Does XJT limit them to FL370 then?

Latest resources

Back