Crj Q

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web

ASH

OK guys, doing some manual notes here, have a discrepancy, and need to draw on the infinite knowledge of FI.

On our cross bleed start procedure at the gate it calls for you to select the operating 10th stage bleed source for the X-bleed start (makes sense!) This is the way I have always done it. But, on our delayed start checklist it calls for selection of neither bleed. My question is this. I am fairly sure that the ISO valve is part of the automatic logic during start ( it will move as necessary, when start is selected) but, is the 10th stage valve incorporated into the cross bleed start logic? Will the 10th stage valve open automatically without button selection? One of our procedures seems to elude to this. A basic run down on automatic valve logic during a cross bleed start would be great.

Thanks gurus!:pimp:

When you start engines, no matter what the condition of the start is, all 10th stage bleeds open. You can confirm this by having the ECS synoptic page open while you start an engine.

No matter were the 10th stage valves are set, the will open when you hit the starter switch. Just did it in the sim 2 days ago.

Humm... I swear I've hit the start switch and nothing has happened before (on a normal start using the APU). Could it be the APU LCV or the 10th stage Isolation valve was closed?

The original question is about a x-bleed start, not a normal start using the APU, different logic.

Four valves move when hitting the start switch regardless of switch position. 10th stage ISOL opens, both 10 stage bleeds open, and the selected ATS valve opens. The pack valves will also close automatically regardless of switch position. Once the starter cuts out, the valves go back to their selected positions. Hope this helps.

Four valves move when hitting the start switch regardless of switch position. 10th stage ISOL opens, both 10 stage bleeds open, and the selected ATS valve opens. The pack valves will also close automatically regardless of switch position. Once the starter cuts out, the valves go back to their selected positions. Hope this helps.

^
|

Nailed it!

Better make sure those 10ths are selected closed, regardless of valve position, if you are doing an APU start the lcv may not open

Latest resources

Back