• Invite everyone to Flightinfo.com and let's have fun

Crj Q

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
you dont have to in the 50 either. It will do it automatically. The checklist design theory however, is to match switch position.

you dont have to in the 50 either. It will do it automatically. The checklist design theory however, is to match switch position.

I guess that's what I was referring to. The two cheklists vary between the airplanes. Atleast at ASA, not sure about other airlines.

It doesn't matter how you position the switches, the computer does its own thing during any engine starts.

Also, I know the training department disagrees, but it doesn't matter which order you push the switches when transferring from APU to 10th stage and back. The computer opens and closes them in the proper sequence automatically, no matter which order you actually push the switches. The asinine 1-2-4-3 order is "in case the computer screws up".

And if the computer is screwing up, who is to say it will honor the order in which you selected the switches?

And if the computer is screwing up, who is to say it will honor the order in which you selected the switches?

Physics. Air flows from high pressure to low pressure on its own.

Physics. Air flows from high pressure to low pressure on its own.

That's not what I meant. What I meant was we are asking for a position of a valve, and the computer determines whether to move it or not. If the computer is broken, who knows what it might do. We don't control valve position, we only ask for one.

Latest resources

Back