• Invite everyone to Flightinfo.com and let's have fun

CRJ New Hire Class @ XJT

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
Any chance these new hire classes have anything to do with the latest Comair announcement? I'm not saying...but I'm just sayin'. Hired in July....3 month training cycle....puts them online when?

Any chance these new hire classes have anything to do with the latest Comair announcement? I'm not saying...but I'm just sayin'. Hired in July....3 month training cycle....puts them online when?

Nope.......

I think the fact management decided to stay very overstaffed of the 700/900 might be a clue. Normally they would have displaced off the ATL 700/900 to fill 200 slots. 700/900 min threshold is what...75 hrs? And their reserves are all on mini vacation I've heard

Sent from my HTC One X using Tapatalk 2

I think the fact management decided to stay very overstaffed of the 700/900 might be a clue. Normally they would have displaced off the ATL 700/900 to fill 200 slots. 700/900 min threshold is what...75 hrs? And their reserves are all on mini vacation I've heard

Min credit in the 60s for months.

Same in DTW. Up to 22% reserve coverage with the Capt threshold down to 75:30. Reserves do 6 RRR's and an occasional assigment and that's about it. I've been thiking for a while that somethings up, but who knows. If they don't do a reduction bid, there's gonna be 35-40% reserve coverage come fall and winter.

Min credit in the 60s for months.

Same in DTW. Up to 22% reserve coverage with the Capt threshold down to 75:30. Reserves do 6 RRR's and an occasional assigment and that's about it. I've been thiking for a while that somethings up, but who knows. If they don't do a reduction bid, there's gonna be 35-40% reserve coverage come fall and winter.

Yup, we all know management like to thinly staff the operation. If they are keeping the 700/900 overstaffed while hiring to cover 200 attrition, I think something's up as well.

Looks like the min. threshold for FOs in DTW has been around 90 hrs, same for IAD. I guess it's been lower for the big RJ in ATL.

Last I heard they are gong to re-evaluate the staffing after summer, so I'm expecting a vacancy/displacement bid going into fall.

The July 9th new-hire class for the CRJ is 14.
10 ATL
4 IAD

The July 23rd new-hire class for the CRJ is 16, bases have yet to be assigned.

Looks like the min. threshold for FOs in DTW has been around 90 hrs, same for IAD. I guess it's been lower for the big RJ in ATL.

Last I heard they are gong to re-evaluate the staffing after summer, so I'm expecting a vacancy/displacement bid going into fall.

Doubt XJT (CRJ or ERJ) will see a displacement for a loooooooong time to come unless an unusual amount of FOs bail (which is plausible). Especially with the two CRJ classes this month and 100hr TLVs for IAD (I know, fall will be less, but Thanksgiving and Xmas come quickly, downgrade doesn't make sense for 2-3 months)

Doubt XJT (CRJ or ERJ) will see a displacement for a loooooooong time to come unless an unusual amount of FOs bail (which is plausible). Especially with the two CRJ classes this month and 100hr TLVs for IAD (I know, fall will be less, but Thanksgiving and Xmas come quickly, downgrade doesn't make sense for 2-3 months)

Don't hold your breathe.

Latest posts

Latest resources

Back