• Invite everyone to Flightinfo.com and let's have fun

CRJ New Hire Class @ XJT

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
Is that a question as to what performance I was referring to? or the definition of abysmal? I'll do both...

Abysmal: a·bys·mal/əˈbizməl/
Extremely bad; appalling.
Adjective: Very deep.

On the United side we've had 112 cancellations in FOUR days!!! Half of the CRJs in IAD are broken, a:14 is somewhere in the 60th percentile. Very little of this has anything to do with pilots... weather has been a major problem and we can't seem to recover. I could go into an entire thesis as to how much we suck and the various reasons why but this isn't the thread for it.

2nd that.

They are broken with MAJOR issues. Be VERY careful out there.

Multiple writeups for hydraulic leaks and Bleed air leaks. OPS check good...Ops check good.....Ops check good...it will repeat until an incident and then everyone will wonder what happened. The pilots will be thrown under the bus.

Is that a question as to what performance I was referring to? or the definition of abysmal? I'll do both...

Abysmal: a·bys·mal/əˈbizməl/
Extremely bad; appalling.
Adjective: Very deep.

On the United side we've had 112 cancellations in FOUR days!!! Half of the CRJs in IAD are broken, a:14 is somewhere in the 60th percentile. Very little of this has anything to do with pilots... weather has been a major problem and we can't seem to recover. I could go into an entire thesis as to how much we suck and the various reasons why but this isn't the thread for it.

My apologies, us ATL guys always forget there is an operation out there in IAD. Thanks for the heads up on what to expect though as I picked up a United roundtrip in open-time.

On the United side we've had 112 cancellations in FOUR days!!! H

Cancel's in the United side(ERJ's) if its the old CAL contract dont mean a whole lot since CAL controls the cancellations. I am almost 100% positive that when the final numbers are tallied each month the cancellations that CAL(UAL) forces are not counted against us. It looks bad, but its not since we didnt cause or request those cancellations(most of them).

Hopefully during Indoc they tell these kids not to wear cowboy boots in the cockpit!
You should come to IAH, more than half the pilots wear boots. You'd love it. Boots can look very professional. Many of the lawyers at my wife's law firm wear nice cowboy boots to the office. Why are you so worried about guys shoes anyway? Why not pick something like the goofs wearing navy blue north face jackets, wrinkled and stained shirts.... or something like that. You have to look very hard to even notice a guy is wearing boots.

Monthly attrition on Xjet.com shows 16 crj fo's left in 2012. Just a replacement of attrition it seems.

Last edited:
You should come to IAH, more than half the pilots wear boots. You'd love it. Boots can look very professional. Many of the lawyers at my wife's law firm wear nice cowboy boots to the office. Why are you so worried about guys shoes anyway? Why not pick something like the goofs wearing navy blue north face jackets, wrinkled and stained shirts.... or something like that. You have to look very hard to even notice a guy is wearing boots.

Monthly attrition on Xjet.com shows 16 crj fo's left in 2012. Just a replacement of attrition it seems.

Agree boots are badass, there's a couple of us in ATL leftover from the DFW days still wearing them.

CT says 2 new hire classes in July to cover block hours and future attrition when Delta hires in the next 6-9 months..

Best hire more than that, tutt.

CT says 2 new hire classes in July to cover block hours and future attrition when Delta hires in the next 6-9 months..

Best hire more than that, tutt.

So we have 2 classes of 15. 6 drop out. that leaves 24 new hires for new flying and attrition to delta ? Huh?

Latest posts

Latest resources

Back