• Invite everyone to Flightinfo.com and let's have fun

CRJ New Hire Class @ XJT

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
The numbers I hear DAL will need may exceed 60 per month for the next 3 years. How on earth will 26 DCI newhires help this???????

Well, 35% of those comes from DCI. That's 21. Of those 21, maybe a quarter will come from the old ASA crj side. So, 5 per month? : )

Well, 35% of those comes from DCI. That's 21. Of those 21, maybe a quarter will come from the old ASA crj side. So, 5 per month? : )

So....maybe I should resign. That way I'll be in the 65%. Much better odds :)

Granted that ATL is the only real sizable base the CRJ side has.. But I can see the other bases despise atl just the same as our ORD, EWR & CLE bases despise and talk chit about IAH. Meanwhile we in IAH don't despise anyone and we really don't have a big head or think we're better than anyone else.

Bases despise other bases? Pilots are such dorks. No wonder we are treated like ****.

Bunch of babies...

Bases despise other bases? Pilots are such dorks. No wonder we are treated like ****.

Bunch of babies...
Not sure it's got anything to do with being treated like crap.. But it is dumb and childish.

Granted that ATL is the only real sizable base the CRJ side has.. But I can see the other bases despise atl just the same as our ORD, EWR & CLE bases despise and talk chit about IAH. Meanwhile we in IAH don't despise anyone and we really don't have a big head or think we're better than anyone else.

Nah, we just think you guys are anti-social, which leads us to think that you think you're sh!t doesn't stink. :)

Nah, we just think you guys are anti-social, which leads us to think that you think you're sh!t doesn't stink. :)

Not antisocial...but in a base with about 1400-1500 pilots you can't stop and talk to everybody. You would never move in the terminal! As a reserve, when I'm assigned an IAD/ORD trip I definitely find I spend a lot of time talking to folks in the lounge or terminal. There's a much more relaxed pace about things and you see the same faces more frequently.....so you talk to them more. Ask any of the old DFW or SLC folks about it. They will tell you the exact same thing.

Smaller bases, fewer flights and less pilots leads to a more familial and social environment. More sociology than attitude.

Latest posts

Latest resources

Back