• Invite everyone to Flightinfo.com and let's have fun

CRJ down in MO!

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
Knock it off guys. The thread was about an accident that killed two pilots. I did not know them, but they deserve a little respect. Let this thread die.......Stay in this business for awhile, and you will have a friend (or friends) buy the proverbial farm. Cool it. It could have been you. If you do not like your situation, change it. If you are upset with the world of aviation, get the hell out of it.................I love it, and it will be 45 years in June.

Last edited:
Pinchnickel, if it is really that bad, why don't you guys take the union in the arm? That is what a unions purpose is in life. If everybody feels that way, than collectively and via the union you go talk to management about the perceived problems. Hanging the dirty laundry on a bulletin board doesn't help.

I do have to agree with leardrvr, a lot of the guys working at the regionals now have no clue what it is on the other side of aviation: the 135 (night) cargo and people, where you will be send in the middle of the night to a place in mountains you have never been before, delivering a plane load of people or boxes. The PIC has to do all the work here, including flight planning. No dispatch to help you out.
A company where you are 'asked' not to write something up because it takes 2 weeks to get the part that has a 3 day expiration as per mel, and the plane is booked solid for the next several weeks. Oh yeah, you just happen to be the only pilot qualified (the other one just quit) and it's your 25th day straight with 14 hour duty days and 10 landings per day. It's even legal! (13 days off per calendar quarter is all you need, no luxury like 24hr in 7 days)
Bad job? yes, but they are out there and till you find something better, better make the best out of it.
leardrvr can use some spelling lessons though, text needs some translating here and there.

About the CRJ crash: when I read 'bleed air problem' , 'FL410, 'dual engine failure' my thoughts went to fuel(filter) icing. Anyone has some thoughts on this?

Last edited:
BD King said:
Knock it off guys. The thread was about an accident that killed two pilots. I did not know them, but they deserve a little respect. Let this thread die.......
It won't happen, I keep asking for it to stop, but all the armchair quarterbacks want to speculate.

What they don't realize is how offensive some of this speculation is to those of us who actually knew and flew with the two fine gentlemen that perished. Who cares if you are the Rhodes Scholar of high-altitude aerodynamics and you have 5,000 hours in the CRJ? Personally I'm going to wait for ther NTSB to make a final report. Even better are the people that keep quoting thier "sources". Because we all know that rumors in this industry are always true.... :rolleyes:

T-Gates said:
It won't happen, I keep asking for it to stop, but all the armchair quarterbacks want to speculate.

What they don't realize is how offensive some of this speculation is to those of us who actually knew and flew with the two fine gentlemen that perished. Who cares if you are the Rhodes Scholar of high-altitude aerodynamics and you have 5,000 hours in the CRJ? Personally I'm going to wait for ther NTSB to make a final report. Even better are the people that keep quoting thier "sources". Because we all know that rumors in this industry are always true.... :rolleyes:
Thanks for the affirmation.

Latest posts

Latest resources

Back