• Invite everyone to Flightinfo.com and let's have fun

CRJ 200s in Hawaii

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
Kinda funny: They bought brand spanking new air carts to keep the planes cool on the ramp in HI without running the APU.

Found out on the first attempt to use them that the Indy planes did not have that feature.

:laugh:

How much extra fuel did they need? The long range CRJ's shouldn't need that much more gas to get out there. Or were these the limited range models?

I think they would need quite a bit in case you lose an engine and pressurization 1/2 way over and run out of oxygen, requiring you to descend.

Kinda funny: They bought brand spanking new air carts to keep the planes cool on the ramp in HI without running the APU.

Found out on the first attempt to use them that the Indy planes did not have that feature.

:laugh:

If that is true, wow! I do know for a fact that Indy planes didnt have the low-pressure air hookup. ASA has a bunch and we converted all ours over and also installed cargo heat.

I think they would need quite a bit in case you lose an engine and pressurization 1/2 way over and run out of oxygen, requiring you to descend.

I don't think they came anywhere near ETOPS standards.

May have been asked, but how did the crews get the CRJs to Hawaii? Extra Tanks or some obscure route?

J/O resurrected some old Egyptian slave-ship and had all the new-hires row as the damn thing towed them all across the pacific.

He had to take out the whip to keep some awake, others for trying to listen to their ipod.

And then when they finally got to port, there was "crew tracking" waiting on the dock to tell them they had to do the return trip too.

what a shame.

From what I understand the internal tanks where in the form of a six pack and installed in the back of the cabin. This same tank is used when bringing the planes back to the continental 48 for heavy chk.

Latest posts

Latest resources

Back