Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Friendliest aviation Ccmmunity on the web
  • Modern site for PC's, Phones, Tablets - no 3rd party apps required
  • Ask questions, help others, promote aviation
  • Share the passion for aviation
  • Invite everyone to Flightinfo.com and let's have fun

CRJ 200 vs. E-145. What are the differences?

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
labbats said:
The ERJ can fly up to max altitude at any weight. The CRJ is listed to fly to 410, the ERJ to 370. The CRJ has a faster speed limitation (.82 to .78 for the ERJ I think) than the ERJ, but in reality it never goes that fast while the ERJ has no problems at any altitude/temp.

Basically the CRJ has higher limitations, but doesn't have the reserve power to meet them. Plus I hate the low windows.

.78? Not all of them are capable.

honeycomb said:
BTW, I have had over 7 mx Emergency's in an ERJ. And, only one in a CRJ.

I have had 5 engine failures in the Allison/RR engines on the ERJ and none on the CRJ.

I hate those Allison/RR egines. The 3007 series is pure crap. At least when I flew them. They burn more fuel for less thrust. They have less of a bypass and is the only reason they are marginal at best at 370.

When did you fly the E145? I have flown it for almost seven years and 5000 hours. I have never lost an engine and I have had only one emergency due to a leaky hydraulic line.

Yes, back when the plane was new there where many FADEC problems, but in the last five to six years those have all been fixed. Sounds more like a MX department problem than an aircraft problem you had.

I flew 737's before I flew the EMB. This thing is built like a tank. Most of the basic systems operations are almost identical to the 737 (both electrical systems are asinine) but most of the EMB's systems are computer controlled. Going from mechanical to computer, I like computer better.

Also, the XR's mmo is .80. The plane will do it easily and climbs are at least 1500fpm or more. My old 737 could not do that.

Capt. Caucasian said:
When did you fly the E145? I have flown it for almost seven years and 5000 hours. I have never lost an engine and I have had only one emergency due to a leaky hydraulic line.

Yes, back when the plane was new there where many FADEC problems, but in the last five to six years those have all been fixed. Sounds more like a MX department problem than an aircraft problem you had.

American Eagle. Initial group on the a/c. I also did FFC (functional flight checks) for the company out in west Tx for a couple of months. The engines had a oil problem....the sump was plastic and the lines would pressurize at t/o power after a long idle. The sump would get full and the pressure would blow the tank apart. Of course you would be airborne before you would know. Even with the oil cap. on the EICAS.

Two happened to be on FFC's though...so your right mx on those.

I have had a complete lossssss of hyd on the rudder a couple (I think 3 times) with rev onboard.

I have had every EICAS msg come ON on short final before. That also included every audio msg/aural alert as well. That was interesting. Because the First red msg was Air/Gnd Disagree......fun indeed.

Oh, I don't mind the ERJ but at the time we had the 145/135 and 7 different softwares....of which none worked exactly as advertised. That makes over 14 different a/c to know. And the only way to tell what software was onboard was to look at the oil pressure indicator on the EICAS.

Anyway this is getting off topic.

Rogue5 said:
Interesting.

Well I've been flying the CL65 for three years and I've had that 14th stage plunger blow out once, and it was after using the wing and the cowls together. I've never used the wing/cowl/wing method for the cowl A/I alone and its never been a problem.

I do what is in the FCM, and it says wing on/cowl on/wing off.

This is the procedure at AWAC; I'm curious if any other CL65 operators do it the same way.

honeycomb said:
American Eagle. Initial group on the a/c. I also did FFC (functional flight checks) for the company out in west Tx for a couple of months. The engines had a oil problem....the sump was plastic and the lines would pressurize at t/o power after a long idle. The sump would get full and the pressure would blow the tank apart. Of course you would be airborne before you would know. Even with the oil cap. on the EICAS.

I have had a complete lossssss of hyd on the rudder a couple (I think 3 times) with rev onboard.

I have had every EICAS msg come ON on short final before. That also included every audio msg/aural alert as well. That was interesting. Because the First red msg was Air/Gnd Disagree......fun indeed.

Oh, I don't mind the ERJ but at the time we had the 145/135 and 7 different softwares....of which none worked exactly as advertised. That makes over 14 different a/c to know. And the only way to tell what software was onboard was to look at the oil pressure indicator on the EICAS.

Cmon, I have 4000 hrs in type and the only emergency I have had was during taxi when some old guy passed out in the back. Seriously, AE must have had some problems with MX on their A/C bacause here at XJT we have a 99.9 completion factor with the A/C going on 5 years now. As an aside, the XR is completely a better aircraft than the previous 145 series and is certainly a superior performer to the CL-62-200. Emraer took 8 years of complaints and issues, fixed them, and produced the XR. Its the A/C that should have been built from the start.

Capt. Caucasian said:
Also, the XR's mmo is .80. The plane will do it easily and climbs are at least 1500fpm or more. My old 737 could not do that.

Took one out of ELP a few weeks back. 100 degrees, right below the MATOW. Thing never broke 1000 fpm in the climb down low. Followed the Profile above 10K where if FINALLY started climbing.

honeycomb said:

Yikes man I can see where you opinon comes from. After 4700 hours and no significant abnormals in that thing I guess I should thank a higher power.

ATRCA said:
Cmon, I have 4000 hrs in type and the only emergency I have had was during taxi when some old guy passed out in the back. Seriously, AE must have had some problems with MX on their A/C bacause here at XJT we have a 99.9 completion factor with the A/C going on 5 years now. As an aside, the XR is completely a better aircraft than the previous 145 series and is certainly a superior performer to the CL-62-200. Emraer took 8 years of complaints and issues, fixed them, and produced the XR. Its the A/C that should have been built from the start.

That's basically what Bombardier did with the 700/900 series. I wish they would have done a 200 with 700 technology, but by the time the 700 was produced the 200 market was already drying up.

BoilerUP said:
I do what is in the FCM, and it says wing on/cowl on/wing off.

This is the procedure at AWAC; I'm curious if any other CL65 operators do it the same way.

ASA does.

Latest resources

Back