Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Friendliest aviation Ccmmunity on the web
  • Modern site for PC's, Phones, Tablets - no 3rd party apps required
  • Ask questions, help others, promote aviation
  • Share the passion for aviation
  • Invite everyone to Flightinfo.com and let's have fun

CRJ 200 vs. E-145. What are the differences?

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
honeycomb said:
But, the ERJ (at the time) was not even close.

For example...the Capt. could not use his FD or the A/P at or below 1000 feet. The FO could not use his FD or the A/P at or below 1500 feet.

Also when using the A/P it would fly through the loc and g/s. The soft ride software was terrible.

No matter the a/c No A/P I have flown has known the word or phrase Right Now. Not even the CRJ.

So, I have hand flown the ERJ a lot. (As well as the CRJ.) And, I prefer the the CRJ when hand flying. Not that the ERJ was terrible. But, not as good IMHO.

Peace

Like another guy said, the ERJ is now CAT II capable. That doesn't exactly mean it's a good idea. The autopilot on that thing sucks so bad, not only in lateral tracking but sometimes following a G/S as well. Make you vomit.

I second how it flies especially when slow. The ERJ feels like a wet rag in my hanhs when slow.

dojetdriver said:
Like another guy said, the ERJ is now CAT II capable. That doesn't exactly mean it's a good idea. The autopilot on that thing sucks so bad, not only in lateral tracking but sometimes following a G/S as well. Make you vomit.

On the G/S it seemed to get worse (the oscillation that is). And, bigger in deviations.

I thought I would vomit. AE made us see it in the sim. Man what a ride.

dojetdriver said:
I second how it flies especially when slow. The ERJ feels like a wet rag in my hanhs when slow.

I wasn't going to say it...but thanks...it is bad in comparisons to other jets I have flown.

As a matter of fact it has the worst slow speed handling that I have ever witnessed.

I do what is in the FCM, and it says wing on/cowl on/wing off.

This is the procedure at AWAC; I'm curious if any other CL65 operators do it the same way.

Comair does. I have seen the turkey popper more than once before we had the procedure.

The autopilot in the ERJ can go down to 200 feet on either side. It is also a cat 2 and in some cases cat 3 aircraft. Cat 2 is AP down to 200 feet, FO handflys to DH then the CA takes over for the landing or if nothing is seen the FO does the go around.

WTF? That sounds interesting, to say the least.

And ALL of the Un-Important Aural Warnings are Female.

Example....."High Speed".....sounds like "Hi Steve".....

The Important Aural Warnings are Male.

Example....."Terrain..Terrain....Whoop..Whoop....Pull Up!"

Just in case you needed to know.

If the ERJ had leading edge devices it would be a much better airplane to fly slow. The CRJ 200 does not have them, how is the slow speed handling on it, I would guess the winglets help a bit in that situation.

rjacobs said:
If the ERJ had leading edge devices it would be a much better airplane to fly slow. The CRJ 200 does not have them, how is the slow speed handling on it, I would guess the winglets help a bit in that situation.

I have found the CRJ to be very stable at slow speeds, but honestly when does this thing ever fly slow? VREF+5 at 47000 is 146, thats faster then the majority of airliners that I have seen out there. No leading edges yes, but as a result we have *possibly* artificial high approach speeds.

Well the ERJ doesn't approach that fast since MLW is 42xxx. If it is windy at ref+15 or 20 depending on flaps, than it can get over 150 on app speed. A typical approach speed is 125-130 sometimes as low as like 110, dont remember the exact speeds on the low end of the weights.

dojetdriver said:
Agreed. Calling those things FADEC's is a bit of a misnomer. It only has F-ull A-uthority after you give it the information it needs. Unlike other aircraft that are equipped with a real system.

Even though the CRJ (50 seat) doesn't have them, it's nice to know that if you want more power, all you have to do it push up the thrust levers and not have to punch a button to tell it what to do.

I think you would be surprised that you wouldn't get much over the engine limitations (if even that much) if you firewalled them. The engines are trimmed to not exceed limitations and to provide the guranteed amount of thrust. Just because sims will exceed limitations, doesn't mean the aircraft will. It is all up to the current ambient conditions. The FADECS will always give you the maximum available since it is computer trimming (by fuel flow)and not manual engine trimming. If the FADEC computes that it cannot give you the maximum, it will let you know. I would trust the FADEC engine to give the most amount of thrust any day over a non-FADEC engine.

dojetdriver said:
.78? Not all of them are capable.

Seriously? Every one I've flown 145/140/135 had no problems.

I think maybe the 140s in the upper 20s would max out at .75 in CRZ thrust, but that's the only time I can think of ever having thrust levers full and not hitting red line.

Latest resources

Back