• Invite everyone to Flightinfo.com and let's have fun

CRJ-200 useful life?

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
I was joking, but the EMB feels kind of cheap, dont know how long it could possibly hold up for. I imagine that we fly the crap out of ours here at Eagle.

I've flown both. No doubt that the CRJ would outlast an ERJ. There is a saying about the ERJ that goes something like this, "Don't pre-flight the plane too hard or you will break it!"

Goat

I am sure you all fly yours at eagle alot, I know at XJT the daily utilization for the XR on the CAL side is something north of 13 hours. I flew one a few weeks ago that came in from a red eye in the morning, had done enough legs that we had to start a new logbook page(how many are on there 8 legs) and when we got back to IAH it was going out in an hour for another redeye. I think we figured it would have flown 15+ hours that day.

I flew 7011 about 5 months ago. She had close to 40k hours on her.

CRJ was built by the Canadians which is as good as being built by the French, so they don't have much life left.

As much fun as it is to bash on the French, who did after all make the Caravelle and the Falcon a couple of decent jets, although the CRJ is built by Canadians, it's of course based on the Canadair Challenger, which is based on the LearStar 600 which was sold to Canadair.

Its real, and its coming. Get ready for the mother of all AD's. Its going to be a really huge pain in the you know what!

I would assume this is why the company is finally activating the flap skew detection systems on the -200. Also noticed that the "Visually Inspect Flaps" placad has been removed and the speed placard changed back to 230 knots on airplanes with the mod. You'd think the company might send us a memo about this...

For the record, I'm still complying with the POH limitations until told otherwise...

Its real, and its coming. Get ready for the mother of all AD's. Its going to be a really huge pain in the you know what!
I think it's gonna be worse for the dispatchers than pilots. I think it will be something like if the vis is less than x, the flight to the alternate must be calculated with the flaps out. Procedure wise for pilots, we'll probably just delay flap extention.

My airline was going to have us do flaps 30 landings in the CRJ-700 for fuel conservation. Maybe we'll do reduced flap landings for lower fuel burn in case of "flaps fail"

Latest posts

Latest resources

Back