CRJ-200 Question / Procedure Info

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
BellyFlyer said:
Comair has still a few not converted to the 53k MTOW. We also check the rudder travel while moving during the flight controls check (taxi check).

That is correct information, I was told in ground school the we do the check during the taxi check.

asarjfo said:
So you guys turn off the nose wheel steering to check the rudder during taxi?

You can give the tiller a little nudge to offset the small input from full rudder deflection. I hope nobody is turning the nosewheel steering off while taxiing.

Good Stuff

Thanks for the responses thus far!

I do like the "Climbs Lousy" identifier for CL, but in its defense, it does climb fast. I emphasize to new folks that we are going 300 knots and STILL climbing! More positive than actually reading the 300 FPM VSI indication. After all, this is an election year.

The rudder check procedure I have an issue with is the actually moving-while-checking routine. I can't see anyone turning off the nose wheel steering to do it, nor can I see Canadier endorsing a procedure whereby you counteract the rudder steering with the tiller.

The weather must really blow out there in the Northwest to need all that stuff to find an airport! Your new Denver flying is going to freak you guys out with 100+ vis. Enjoy the sunshine Horizon.

FOB

Re: Good Stuff

FOB said:
nor can I see Canadier endorsing a procedure whereby you counteract the rudder steering with the tiller.

FOB

That's what I was taught to do with the 727 during the taxi checks..............

AF

Interesting

Well, I guess there isn't any supporting mx issues against using tiller against rudder. I find it very interesting how different airlines invent so many different ways to do the same thing.

Aviation does has a reputation for reinventing the wheel.

I for one am happy to know ACA (IAir) will do doing factory Airbus training!

Any other ideas on the "CL" question?

CL

I would go with Nindiri. Just a guess though.

CL44 Canadair CL-44, CL-44 D4, CL-44 J

CL600 Canadair Challenger CL-600 (CL-600-1A11), CL-601 (CL-600-2A12),

CL-601-3A (CL-600-2B16), CL-601-3R (CL-600-2B16), CL-604 (CL-600-2B16)

CL65 Canadair CL-65 Regional Jet

Last edited:
Canadair Limited

In 1944, pressure of business compelled Canadian Vickers to ask the government to relieve it of its management responsibilities regarding the Cartierville plant. Ottawa agreed and entered into a management contract with Canadair Limited, a new company founded by a small group of former senior Canadian Vickers personnel headed by Benjamin W. Franklin. Canadair Limited took over operation of the plant on November 4, 1944. In September 1946, Canadair Limited and the plant were acquired by the Electric Boat Company of Groton, Connecticut.

Latest resources

Back