CRJ-200 Question / Procedure Info

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web

FOB

1. Are there any stateside operators of the CRJ-200 still limited to 51,000 MTOW?

2. Are there any CRJ operators that check the rudder travel while actually taxiing?

3. Any US carriers with two FMS's installed?

The two carriers I know of do the rudder check during the "Before Taxi Checklist" and all of their CRJs are 53,000 lb limited. I am just checking to see what else is out there in CL-65 land.

Bonus: What does the "CL" in CL-65 stand for? I don't buy the "L" for Lear as CL existed way before Lear became part of the operation.

Thanks in advance.

1. Are there any stateside operators of the CRJ-200 still limited to 51,000 MTOW?

We werent......

2. Are there any CRJ operators that check the rudder travel while actually taxiing?

At PCL it is part of the After Start Checks.....

Off the top of my head, the only one I can think of is Horizon on thier -700's.

What does the "CL" in CL-65 stand for? I don't buy the "L" for Lear as CL existed way before Lear became part of the operation

Just a WAG, but "Canadair Limited"?

As it Relates to SkyWest...........

• We're not.......
  • No.........
  • No
  • Bonus....I'll go with T-Gate....Canadair Limited..........sounds good, anyway.

AF:eek:

FOB said:

Not sure, ASA is all 53K.

Not sure, we do it on the afterstart flow.

Not here! Wayyyy too slick for us. I suggested two-way pagers during recurrent ground as a poor man's ACARS (which we have been told is "coming" for the last three years).

The two carriers I know of do the rudder check during the "Before Taxi Checklist" and all of their CRJs are 53,000 lb limited. I am just checking to see what else is out there in CL-65 land.

Bonus: What does the "CL" in CL-65 stand for? I don't buy the "L" for Lear as CL existed way before Lear became part of the operation.

On the 50 seater I think it means "climbs lousy".

Thanks in advance.

How about "Challenger Line"...?

Just a guess...

Comair has still a few not converted to the 53k MTOW. We also check the rudder travel while moving during the flight controls check (taxi check).

BellyFlyer said:
Comair has still a few not converted to the 53k MTOW. We also check the rudder travel while moving during the flight controls check (taxi check).

So you guys turn off the nose wheel steering to check the rudder during taxi?

We at Horizon have two FMS SYSTEMS on all our aircraft... Dash 8-200,400 and CRJ 700 We also have Heads up displays in all our aircraft which allows for takeoffs as low as 300 RVR and Landing with 600 RVR ( CAT 3A)

Latest resources

Back