CRJ 200 Experts, Please share your preflight tips

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web

mike1

I'm brand new here and want advice on the preflight.

For instance,

Pax door ground strap (under top step) either chaffed or cut.

**This is in no way connected to the fact that negotiations are not moving along, nor the fact that our crew bags are now needlessly denied entry into a warm, dry, and safe place.

Wow, are you serious? What, is it stump a check airman day? I've been flying the thing for a while now and never knew that was a preflight concern. For me I just look for things that will keep me from doing the CP carpet dance. Like if I were to miss them and fly six legs before the next guy did notice it, Wing strikes, bird strikes and missing engine cowls are biggies. ...Hey skipper outside's good, nothing leaking, missing or hanging, lets go!!

The most important item I check is to make sure my overnight bag is still onboard.

Don't touch anything blue on the right rear.

And as a wise man said, sumb!tch flew in, sumb!tch'll fly out!

skydork said:

Scratch that.......you gotta taste the blue slushy residue to make sure the mix hasn't gone bad.

mike1 said:
I'm brand new here and want advice on the preflight.

For instance,

Pax door ground strap (under top step) either chaffed or cut.

**This is in no way connected to the fact that negotiations are not moving along, nor the fact that our crew bags are now needlessly denied entry into a warm, dry, and safe place.

Any discrepancy you find, let the captain know and then he/she will make the decision on what to do.

I've found plenty of bonding/grounding straps broken, usually on the gear doors, but in 3 years have found the main door one broken once and the nut missing and the strap "undone" once. We definitely had it replaced/repaired (beginning of trip, in base so no biggie)...last thing I want to do is have a lightning strike and have the hinge on the main cabin door fused shut, I know unlikely...but I prefer that since it was designed to be there, that it IS there! Ha!

Just let the captain know and you will have covered your bases and in short order, you will learn what is normal (brushes on gear bays worn somewhat, wheel bearing grease sprayed on the belly after a tire change etc) and what is not.

Good Luck and don't let all the drivel on these boards get you down!

mike1 said:

I fly the 700, but I think it applies on the 200 as well.

-Paint missing from wing root fairings.

-Paint missing from vertical stab, where leading edge of horizontal stab meets it.

-Reostat on reading light doesn't work at low settings.

-Visor mechanism broken.

Hope this helps.

skydork said:

I don't care who ya are thats some funny sh!t...:beer:

skydork said:

I just ask if all the big pieces are still there...

Pre Flight tip?

He's called the F/O:eek: . I ask him "is it complete?" If so, here's the load sheet, spin the wheel, let's get going. Our pay starts at push back. Hurry up. LMAO:D

note: He is a generic term as not to mean a specific gender... just to save time typing.. but I could have typed he/she by now... oh well....

Latest resources

Back