• Invite everyone to Flightinfo.com and let's have fun

CRJ 1000... Where?

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
Keep dreaming. You won't see 100 seater at any commuter.

Heard a rumor once again at work that bombardier has an order of 15 crj 1000's for an undisclosed buyer. Now I hear that it's going to Sky West for flying they plan to contract into Mexico for SW? Mind you, this is all hear say for me so i'm just looking for some Sky West folks to chime in. Anybody else hear about this?

Don't get me wrong, I don't hope that they come here, Tho we would get a pretty good pay bump and create some "job security", I don't believe that aircraft has any business at a regional airline, It's like a DC-9

It ain't gonna happen, so don't worry about it. They could not steal that scope limit from us in ch 11, they ain't gonna get it now. Don't underestimate the anger at all of the majors.

Don't get me wrong, I don't hope that they come here, Tho we would get a pretty good pay bump and create some "job security", I don't believe that aircraft has any business at a regional airline, It's like a DC-9

Keep dreaming. You won't see 100 seater at any commuter.

Riiight....Like we were never going to see any 70-seaters or 50-seaters or any jets at all or anything bigger than an S330.

I don't want to see 100-seaters at regionals, but never say never.

Its not going to happen. I will say it now. 70-76 is all you will get. The bottom quarter of all the major seniority list has either been furloughed or stagnated due to the outsourcing. We are not in a giving mood. Unless you are a lifer, this will benefit you.

Riiight....Like we were never going to see any 70-seaters or 50-seaters or any jets at all or anything bigger than an S330.

I don't want to see 100-seaters at regionals, but never say never.

Its not going to happen. I will say it now. 70-76 is all you will get. The bottom quarter of all the major seniority list has either been furloughed or stagnated due to the outsourcing. We are not in a giving mood. Unless you are a lifer, this will benefit you.

For the sake of all of us, I hope you're right. The past, however, speaks loudly.

For the sake of all of us, I hope you're right. The past, however, speaks loudly.

I'd have to say he's probably right. Usair mainline flies the 190 as does JetBlue. You will see all 100 seaters from here on out at mainline. The problem is the mainline rates for these aircraft are not mainline rates. They are a "cross-breed" between regional and mainline payrates. This was what was given to draw a hard-line in the sand.

Latest resources

Back