CRJ 1000... Where?

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web

Fly-By-Cable

Heard a rumor once again at work that bombardier has an order of 15 crj 1000's for an undisclosed buyer. Now I hear that it's going to Sky West for flying they plan to contract into Mexico for SW? Mind you, this is all hear say for me so i'm just looking for some Sky West folks to chime in. Anybody else hear about this?

don't know about the CRJ1000 but GECAS has an order for 25 Chinola RJ's (90 to 100 seater, a copy of the 717). They do not say who they are going to lease them too.

Google "GECAS" and you will find the info.

http://www.ainonline.com/news/single-news-page/article/gecas-places-fleet-order-for-chinese-rj/

GECAS Places Fleet Order for Chinese RJ

By Ian Goold
November 4, 2008
Aircraft

http://www.ainonline.com/news/singl...t-order-for-chinese-rj/news/single-news-page/China Aviation Industry I (AVIC I) Commercial Aircraft Co. (ACAC) is to supply Irish-American aircraft lessor GE Commercial Aviation Services (GECAS) with up to 25 General Electric CF34-powered ARJ21-700ER regional jets starting in 2013 under a contract signed today at the China International Aviation and Aerospace Exhibition in Zhuhai. The agreement, China’s biggest in both unit numbers and value, is worth some five billion Chinese yuan (about $730 million).

ACAC claims to hold “commitments” for a total of 206 of the twinjets, which can be configured to carry from 70 to 95 passengers. Originally scheduled to fly last March, the 1,390-nm ARJ21 is now expected to take off for the first time this month. Certification had been previously scheduled for next month, though this now seems very unlikely.

GECAS signed the contract with Commercial Aircraft Corporation of China (Comac), a state-owned company in which AVIC I is a major shareholder, along with four other companies. Comac plans to develop larger airliners that could carry more than 150 passengers, misleadingly dubbed "jumbo" designs by Chinese officials

Last edited:
They don't tell us anything at Skywest. We usualy read about it in the papers before we hear about it from our own, If it happens at all.

I KNOW ! I KNOW! COMAIR!! No, wait.............
I heard comair will get them but SW will fly them!! For those of u at SW that think You will fly them for Southwest that was a joke. Funny usually the southwest rumors only come around when u guys have a vote. even better u fall for it everytime!!!

Latest resources

Back