Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Friendliest aviation Ccmmunity on the web
  • Modern site for PC's, Phones, Tablets - no 3rd party apps required
  • Ask questions, help others, promote aviation
  • Share the passion for aviation
  • Invite everyone to Flightinfo.com and let's have fun

CrewPass Full Court Press! Let's get this done!

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web

densoo

TSA is on the hot seat, the 24-hour news cycle is covering this (but not for long), ALPA is actually exerting some of its muscle with threatening to have 53,000 pilots refuse the AIT!

Here is a link to congress. Put in you zip code and your senators and reps will load automatically. Delete the existing text regarding NPRM and put in your own.

http://capwiz.com/capapilots/issues/alert/?alertid=19337501

A suggested comment:

As an airline pilot who must go through TSA xray and patdown security several times a week, I urge you to require the TSA to deploy nationwide the already tested and approved CrewPass technology for screening pilots. Thank you.

TSA in front of Congress today! Send your email to your congressman. Volume speaks volumes. Submit your email to your congressmen here:

http://capwiz.com/capapilots/issues/alert/?alertid=19337501

Washington (CNN) -- The head of the Transportation Security Administration will likely get a pat-down on air-travel security measures as he testifies before Congress on Wednesday morning.

The appearance by John Pistole was scheduled before controversy broke out over the past week about the agency's full body scans and pat-downs. But protest movements about the searches make such questioning likely when Pistole testifies about his agency's security efforts before the Senate Committee on Commerce, Science and Transportation.

Hero pilot Capt. Chesley "Sully" Sullenberger on Tuesday joined the opposition to heightened airport security procedures, which critics have called invasive.

Sullenberger, who landed a crippled US Airways jet on the Hudson River last year, said the use of full-body pat-downs and advanced imaging scanners for airline personnel "just isn't an efficient use of our resources."

Last edited:
sent.

I sent the following:

I am an airline pilot who must endure the security screening process several times per week... including shoe removal. I endure this embarrassing and lengthy process while other airline employees pass swiftly and freely through side doors and other unstaffed entrances by entering a simple 3-4 digit code or swiping their ID badges.

Some or most of these "other" airport employees are not required to pass the strict background checks required for employment as an airline pilot and yet they are still allowed to pass, without shoe removal or an overly-intrusive "pat down" into and out of the secure area at will.

I urge you, as soon as possible on your legislative calendar, to implement, properly fund and staff "CREWPASS" as a standardized platform across our nation's airports so that airline crew members, including flight attendants, may enjoy equal treatment to that of their co-workers when requiring entrance to the secure area of the airport.

I understand that cost-cutting is a hot button issue during the mid term. I feel that the dollars saved by implementing "CREWPASS" nationwide will be greater in number than the dollars spent by leaving things as they are today.

I have successfully and repeatedly used "CREWPASS" at the Pittsburgh (KPIT) and Baltimore (KBWI) airports. I look forward to using "CREWPASS" nationwide.

Thank you for your time and service.

I sent the following:

I am an airline pilot who must endure the security screening process several times per week... including shoe removal.........
Ben Franklin, that was a nice message. I copied it and sent it myself. Hope you don't mind. I'm sending one a day until we get CrewPass.

Last edited:

Latest resources

Back