Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Friendliest aviation Ccmmunity on the web
  • Modern site for PC's, Phones, Tablets - no 3rd party apps required
  • Ask questions, help others, promote aviation
  • Share the passion for aviation
  • Invite everyone to Flightinfo.com and let's have fun

CrewPass Full Court Press! Let's get this done!

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
"next step is anal explosives. are you therefore willing to take an anal probe to fly?"

I have often wondered why they haven't used bomb sniffing dogs at security. They are cheap and enjoyable to be around. Unlike the TSA.

"next step is anal explosives. are you therefore willing to take an anal probe to fly?"
I have often wondered why they haven't used bomb sniffing dogs at security.

Obversations of my dogs indicate they actually seem to enjoy sniffing this area. A perfect fit. Getting paid to do something you love.

lol @ Densoo :D

I am no explosives expert but can dogs actually detect explosives like PETN, SEMTEX etc. ?
Yes.

My 1st cousin trains dogs for the military for this use in the sand pit (he's over there 6-8 months a year taking the dogs through actual on-the-job work after they're trained here in the U.S.).

They can pick out PETN, SEMTEX, and most of the non-military available activators in binary liquid explosives, concealed beneath several layers of clothing, liquid, and plastic as well as other scented distractors like coffee beans, food, etc.

Though nothing is ever fool-proof, the dogs are pretty dang good. That said, the cost to train one of those dogs to BE that good is more than the average TSA worker makes in a year.

p.s. Letter to Reps sent.

I see enough TSA people standing around doing nothing on a daily basis that I'm pretty sure most airports could lose one or two agents to pay for the cost of training the dog

Even Senators are riled by this.....well, now things will get done.

http://finance.yahoo.com/news/Senators-complain-about-rb-3326615803.html?x=0&.v=1

I love this quote. "I'm wondering why I got both a few weeks ago. I did use my Senate I.D. and was subjected to both," Republican Senator Mike Johanns said during a Senate Commerce, Science and Transportation Committee hearing.

Join the club Senator. We show our airline IDs in uniforms and still get treated like criminals.

Latest resources

Back