Crew bases at Flexjet?

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web

hammer2

Just read the bb and honestly, most of us couldn't give a rat a$$ about new bases. Maybe 75 people out of 400 want to live somewhere else.
Lets be smart and ask for more money and less work....AND.... get rid of the first day 1.5 hour call out. That will bring in new hires as well.

Whats this about bases? I might turn down a job at Flex solely cause I want to stay in PHX?!?

I would think the issue develops as time goes on. While you accept the base issue when you are interviewed and hired, who knows what life may bring in later years? Family issues change, spouse might get a new carear opportunity, kids move and such.
Those are the reasons why a more liberal base policy would be nice.

Hung

being able to live where i want is worth a LOT. way more than a pay raise. Plus, from the companies point of view, isn't it cheaper than just giving us cash? When I got hired, living in dallas was fine, but things change and now I want/need to be up near ORD...

I just don't get why the are so resistant to the idea. If I ever left Flex, the base issue would be the major reason I bet. I dont really have any desire to work anywhere else, just to LIVE somewhere else

Last edited:
Whats this about bases? I might turn down a job at Flex solely cause I want to stay in PHX?!?

Both Avantair and Citationshares offer a PHX domicile. With your CJ3 background I would think CS would be interested. Neither Flex nor CS has a union if that is a factor. If you want Netjets, I know a few people who live in PHX but commute to LAX - they know their schedules (on 7/7) far in advance and they buy cheap SWA tickets - it seems to work for them.

However, you'd have to give up the opportunity to fly the CL604 for Flexjet - a great type rating to have!!!! Not an easy choice... Ontario isn't that far away and the "demographics" are similar to those in PHX despite the higher cost of living. Perhaps you could have a crash pad in Blythe...

Last edited:
I think the base issue along with netjets new pay scale we will start losing guys to the competition! Doyle is right about our health benefits, they are the worst I have ever had at any time in my life. So sad that a large company like Bombardier provides us such Sh*ty medical, they should be ashamed of themselves but then again they don't give a dam! 45k first year At Netjets and all those bases I think I might apply!

Latest resources

Back