Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web

NEDude

yada yada yada
Anyone have an idea on how much a persons credit report will play into the final decision?

My credit isn't great. There are no bankruptcies or judgements, and I have been able to get financed for a car and house in the past few years. Mostly a lot of little stuff from a few years ago that is slowing being cleaned up. But I am concerned about it. I am doing what I need to do to clean it up but worried I may get the call before I can get it sparkling clean. Any idea on what the airlines would be looking for in a credit report and how much weight is placed on it when it comes to hiring?

NEDude said:
Anyone have an idea on how much a persons credit report will play into the final decision?

My credit isn't great. There are no bankruptcies or judgements, and I have been able to get financed for a car and house in the past few years. Mostly a lot of little stuff from a few years ago that is slowing being cleaned up. But I am concerned about it. I am doing what I need to do to clean it up but worried I may get the call before I can get it sparkling clean. Any idea on what the airlines would be looking for in a credit report and how much weight is placed on it when it comes to hiring?

FWIW, my wife works in HR, and at her company one of the biggest things they look at is your credit report. Its not an airline, but I suspect all companies are now looking at it. Pay your bills on time folks.

NEDude said:

If you qualify for a car and a house loan I think you are OK for an airline job...

companies are looking for trends - bankruptcies, defaults, etc....

they are not looking at your "credit score"....

thats is, unless you are PFT!!!!

dont sweat it, most airline new hires dont have stellar credit I imagine..how do you on new hire money?

Hmmmm...

I've had a bankruptcy a few years ago. I hope that doesn't hurt my chances. Excellent credit now. Since the bankruptcy, Ive been given $20,000 in credit cards from various banks. I've kept no balances and pay in full almost every month.

Is this something they ask you about in the interview?

Things were tough and I had to declare bkrptcy.

Isn't it discrimination to base on past credit history. can you not be liable if you dont hire due to this ?

Hipster Loser said:
Hmmmm...

I've had a bankruptcy a few years ago. I hope that doesn't hurt my chances. Excellent credit now. Since the bankruptcy, Ive been given $20,000 in credit cards from various banks. I've kept no balances and pay in full almost every month.

Is this something they ask you about in the interview?

Things were tough and I had to declare bkrptcy.

Isn't it discrimination to base on past credit history. can you not be liable if you dont hire due to this ?

Don't sweat it dude, you be allright

jehtplane said:
Don't sweat it dude, you be allright

hey man, are you being sarcastic.

I hope this wont be much of a problem for me. I cant see it beign something they'd ask in an interview, but I do know that employers will look at credit history.

anyone have knowledge or a bankruptcy in the past and got hired?

thanks

Hipster Loser said:
Hmmmm...

You can be held accountable for everything you do in the past. This is not discrimination. How about checkride failures or a criminal history. Everything can and will be held against you.

Goose17

Goose17 said:
You can be held accountable for everything you do in the past. This is not discrimination. How about checkride failures or a criminal history. Everything can and will be held against you.

Goose17

I know they ask for criminal history checks. like past 10 years.

what if you have one but its more than 10 yrs ago?
it doesnt have to be listed, right?

Hipster Loser said:
hey man, are you being sarcastic.

I hope this wont be much of a problem for me. I cant see it beign something they'd ask in an interview, but I do know that employers will look at credit history.

anyone have knowledge or a bankruptcy in the past and got hired?

thanks

nope, no sarcasm.

Latest resources

Back