Credit Report?

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
Hipster Loser said:
I know they ask for criminal history checks. like past 10 years.

what if you have one but its more than 10 yrs ago?
it doesnt have to be listed, right?

Disclose everything when asked, or risk being thrown out of class.

If you are interviewing at an airline which once declared bankuptcy itself, I think they are being a little hypocritical to hold it against you.And that list is a long one.

I know they ask for criminal history checks. like past 10 years.

what if you have one but its more than 10 yrs ago?
it doesnt have to be listed, right?

We just had a guy who was terminated out of a new-hire class for failing to disclose a felony conviction more than ten years old. All of the background information asked for ten years worth, but they were also asked if they had ever been convicted. So yes, list it.

wrong focus

I don't think you should be trying to hide problems of the past in hopes the future employer will not find out. First off, they probably will. Secondly, it will give you a lot of stress going into an interview.

Divulge everything that has ever been in print. Hopefully you will be selected for an interview and you can walk in with a clean conscience. If the interviewer asks about the _____ (bankrupcy, conviction, failed checkride, etc), tell them all the facts. Then turn the story into a positive. Describe how the happened and then how much you've learned from the issue. If you show confidence and growth, and the ability to calmly talk about a past negative issue, I think you will have a successful outcome.

Goose17

I am curious to know what airlines/operators you have been applying to that check your credit. Remember they cannot check your credit unless you sign the proper form/waiver.

GogglesPisano said:
If you are interviewing at an airline which once declared bankuptcy itself, I think they are being a little hypocritical to hold it against you.And that list is a long one.

good point! they are just as guilty

I am curious to know what airlines/operators you have been applying to that check your credit. Remember they cannot check your credit unless you sign the proper form/waiver.

Southwest asks you to sign a credit check authorization at the end of their application.

Airlines/comapanies are looking at your decision making history. A track record of bad decisions whether it be failed checkrides, speeding tickets, DUIs, poor academic achievement, and yes even credit history, are likely determinents of future behavior.

Nobody is perfect and they know that, so they look at the "big" picture. If you have a clean record but had trouble making ends meet when you were furloughed it would not be an issue.

However,

Say you had bad grades, tickets, a failed checkride or three, late or missed payments because you bought both the harley and the boat then you have established a trend or "big picture" of poor judgement.

Goose17 said:
You can be held accountable for everything you do in the past. This is not discrimination. How about checkride failures or a criminal history. Everything can and will be held against you.

Goose17

The best predictor of future behavior is past behavior.

Most airlines do a credit check, but how much weight they apply to it probably depends on hpw bad they need pilots. ASA as gone through several periods where the main requirement was to be able to fog a mirror, and that was waivable.

Latest resources

Back