Crash Peter O Knight breaking news?

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
Well I have flown very few t-props.

Kingairers? Is there a problem that if you lose a series of buses that you realy on gravity to get fuel to the engines Is'nt the KingAir also have a electric gear? This might explain one engine being inop as fuel stravation (not that they ran out, they just could'nt get it to the engines) almost always hits one engine before the other. (ie one engine failed, soon to be another depending on the level in the tanks left vs right) That would explain the hurried approach, high and as they were to the east they would pick the closest runway which was also the shortest.

Not second guessing, if I think what happened happened I think they did a pretty good job.

Never second guess, I've been in those situations and you never know how you will react, its not fair.

Update

[FONT=Arial, Helvetica][FONT=verdana, Arial, Helvetica]Laura Brown, a spokeswoman for the Federal Aviation Administration, said as the plane neared Tampa on its return to Sarasota, the pilot reported a fuel problem.

[/FONT]
[/FONT][FONT=Arial, Helvetica][FONT=verdana, Arial, Helvetica]Witnesses said one part of the plane's retractable landing gear did not go down and one engine wasn't running, Wade said.

http://www.gainesville.com/apps/pbcs.dll/article?AID=/20060614/LOCAL/206140331/1078/rss&template=printart
[/FONT]
[/FONT]

Fuel problem:
Running the tanks dry
Fuel pump failure
Fuel Mismanagement
Fuel contamination
Electric failure leading to fuel pump failure on that bus.

Running out of fuel and a fuel problem are TWO different things.

Like I said above if any of you KingAir experts know about the Jet pumps/electric pumps on this aircraft?

From my Metro class (company went out of biz before my checkride) I remember something about the possiblity of a dual bus failure or some massive electric failure that would cause the fuel pumps to go out on each engine. The fuel would feed until it got below a certain amount and then because of the way the tanks were designed would not feed anymore and you would have a engine failure, and depending on the fuel balance one at a time with the other a few mins later or secs later. Could this be why it appears they were in a hurry to get it on the ground?

A friend at POK said it was an attempted go around and it was possible it hit the ground prior to crashing off airport. This is not necessarily inconsistant with other reports.
The judgement thing is why you are going into Peter OKnight if you have any problem when a great deal more assets are at airports close by.

Disclaimer: Not having been in the cockpit.

There was probably something that was causing them to want to get the ship on the ground before something worse happened. Like the next engine quit.

According to the news channel 8, the aircraft exploded in mid air just after take off due to a fuel leak. They were saying is was a C172 but I have heard it was something slightly larger...

Latest posts

Latest resources

Back