• Invite everyone to Flightinfo.com and let's have fun

Crash in MN

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
They were less than 1/2 mile from the approach end of the runway, a little bit off course to the left.There wasn't much airplane left by the time any pictures were taken, really just a burning hole and a little section of the tail. It's a marshy pine forest area more than a mile to the nearest road. The crash sight looked fairly compact like a steep impact angle.

Other data...

I heard 2 miles from the threshold of RWY 27...

Here's some other details, at least according to Fox News..

1. N41BE (King Air 100)
2. Crash occurred @ 1020 local
3. Aircraft in bad weather are controlled to the ground by ATC and this airport didn't have a tower....that may have been a factor.:rolleyes:

Chunk

Skeezer....

LOL!!! I have never laughed at a post before. Kudos to the "parody" on the media's sensationalism on any aviation topic!! Pilot error.....right?!?!?!?

Seriously, prayers and wishes to the families of our colleagues who are lost, doing the job we all do!!!

Reported by Gulfstream 200-

"At first it was reported that good old Teddy Kennedy was also onboard......"

I heard that Sen. Ted Kennedy was not only on board the aircraft at the time of the crash, but was the sole survivor & managed to escape the wreckage in order to get help, but didn't report the accident to authorities until many hours later...

'naut

OOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOHHHHHHHHHHHHH!

That stings! I wonder how much longer ole' Teddy can escape the Kennedy curse. He must have lived this long through healthy living...

Chunk

Anyone else get the impression that this crash is the case of get-there-itis that the FAA is so careful to point out is one of the death traps of aviation.

First, my thoughts and prayers go out to the family and friends. I would assume that the 200 did have one however not completely sure. The 350 as well as the C90B we operate BOTH have them not to mention others in the fleet that I have also flown. I don't think the older models came with them. The A90, E90, B100 & B300 in our fleet do not have them onboard.

I would hate to speculate to the cause of this crash however ICING can get one in trouble rather quickly not to mention other problems that it sounds like they had. The King Air fleet does well in icing conditions so this should be interesting when ALL facts come out.

another sad day in aviation.

3 5 0

A 100 as reported by ABC News-
thought the "witness" accounts were somewhat interesting.
The pilots called the Eveleth-Virginia airport to get clearance for landing when they were about seven miles out and they reported no problems, said Gary Ulman, who was on duty at the airport at the time.

When the plane didn't land, Ulman said, he took off in a plane to search for it. He soon saw smoke.

"The wreckage was scattered and fully engulfed in flames," Ulman said. "Just looking at it, it would take a miracle to survive it."

Another pilot, Don Sipola, said visibility in the area at the time was 2 1/2 miles, well above the one-mile minimum for a standard instrument landing. He said the crash site was south of the normal approach path, so the plane must have deviated "for unknown and unexplained reasons

3 5 0

Fox News is reporting that the fueler at the departure airport had a great grandfather of "Mid-eastern" descent.....

Hi!

My capt. on today's (& yesterday's) trips was from MSP, and actually flew the A/C that crashed in one of his previous jobs. We dropped our cargo in MSP and were talking about it with the FBO employees. It is sad.

My wife says seeing stuff like this makes her not want all of our family to fly on a plane together. The media doesn't make our job any easier, that's for sure.

As soon as I heard about it, I automatically thought "non-precision approach-CFIT". I have been reading how the FAA wants to make all approaches with a glideslope. They want to used modern avionics to get rid of non-precision step-down procedures.

I heard an NTSB person on TV stating that the plane did have a CVR and it would be sent to DC for analysis.

Cliff
GRB

Latest posts

Latest resources

Back