Crash in MN

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
4:37PM EST, CNN:

Sen. John Mc Cain, while remembering Paul Wellstone and recalling the crashes over the past several years that involved politicians, idly suggested that "...maybe we need to take a look at the kind of aircraft used during campaigns...".

4:54 PM EST:

Actor Richard Harris has died in a London hospital.

Last edited:
AWWW...good to hear a bright statement from that A$$hole Mc Cain......Mr anti-aviation....

At first it was reported that good old Teddy Kennedy was also onboard......

Was this a single pilot operation or a two pilot operation?

Just as another thoery, maybe it was a bird strike...I'm pretty sure its about time for the ducks and geese to come through. A flock of ducks or geese could have downed the aircraft if they managed to get into bot powerplants. But, its just a guess, lets wait to see how the NTSB rules.

And the approach plates can be found here.

This thread is worse than Fox News and CNN put together.

Adding fuel

Don't want to speculate and won't, but since you're already doing it, here are some more questions (I have not seen the approach plates)

1) The weather: Is there a tower or some other facility on the airport that reported the weather or is in one of those automated things? In other words, is the official weather and the actual weather likely to be close or the same.

2) Apparently this was a second approach. Was weather the cause of the first "miss"? If not, what was?

3) If the first approach was missed due to wx, what change in the weather would cause the crew to attempt a second approach? How did they know the wx had changed? (see # 1)

4) Was there a mechanical failure of the aircraft or a powerplant? Was there any avionics malfunction?

5) What is the experience level of the crew? What was their training?

6) Was the crew properly rested?

7) Re the icing theories: Was the anti-ice and de-ice equipment functional? Was it being used? When was it last tested?

8) Were there other aircraft in the area that might report on actual flight/icing conditions at the time?

9) Did the aircraft appear to be "on course" at the time of impact?

10) Reference has been made to GPS approches. Was the aircraft equipped for GPS? Was the crew trained in GPS?

11) Someone said there were two pilots. Was the pilot in the right seat a trained professional or a (legal) seat warmer?

12) Did the aircraft have an autopilot? If so, was it being used?

13) Does the aircraft have an altitude alert system? Was it properly set?

I could go on and on but that's more than enough for starters. That's why speculation as to probable cause seldom offers any accuracy. I know it takes patience but we must wait for the NTSB to do its job.

Condolences to the families of the passengers and crew.

Since I am a regional airline pilot I am an aviation expert so here goes my theory:

While approaching the airport the King air collided with an Alien invasion craft that was using the bad weather to hide its approach to small town MN.

Remeber that Alien aircraft are not required by the FAA to have TCAS so they could not see the King Air flying in IMC. The collision probably damaged the Alien craft's deadly laser beam gun so they aborted the mission and headed back home.

Also, since Alien aircraft are made from more exotic and much stronger metals than aluminum, they were able to fly away from the mid-air. I heard that a witness saw the collision and described the Alien craft as a "white van."

Seriously though peeps, wait for the NTSB report and pray for the victims and their families and friends.

Skeezer

Another theory

First, my prayers to all involved.

I'm sure the media will come out with the Republican/Right Wing conspiracy. I was reading about the crash online today and the second sentence of the article (sorry I don't remember which publication) started talking about getting someone else into the race; and whether Gov. Jesse would appoint someone or the Democratic Party could. Jeez, politics this time of the year drives me batty.

Slug

Latest posts

Latest resources

Back