Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
"Flexjet has sold every G-450 for premiun"

ok. if you say so

i fly for a fractional. but I also do contract work every now and then. The flight department I do contract work for has been approached by flexjet and NJA. according to one of the pilots, "FX was a hell of a lot cheaper" he says he couldn't believe how inexpensive it was

but the boss likes his own airplane. they told them NO

Well you say that the company wants Flexbid to go away. I'm wondering how you know that. I've heard RH, JW, KR all say they like Flexbid. And the union even said that the company made it clear they want Flexbid to stay. Yet you keep saying over and over they want it to go away. So yeah, I want to know your source on your statement that the company wants it to go away, because that would mean everyone, including the union, is lying.

I'm going to call BS. I've been paying attention and KR has never said he likes Flexbid. He had thrown some doublespeak BS and blinding chicklet smiles when he talks about it but he has never said he likes it. In fact when he does speak clearly he is quite clear what he likes in an 8/6 and anything that gets him low airline costs. Remember, in the end the only thing that matters is what KR wants and so far his only answer outside of that is Red Label and making your own schedule but not so fast...

Don't you get it yet? Red Label isn't just about busting the union or dismantling seniority. it is about establishing a system whereby eventually the pilot gets nickled and dimed docked for every QOL decision that costs Kenn money. Airline, hotels, catering, maintenance, OT, stock etc... now become the responsibility of crews and that wil be reflected in their bonus eventually. Before you know it, we'll owe them money for working ;)

Sure it looks sweet now but that's how con artists work. They suck the mark in with what appears to be too good to be true and delivers for a short period. Bernie Madoff was successful because in the beginning all his marks made money. Are you really going to believe they know the costs down to the penny that resulted in low regular line bonuses but couldn't quantify Red Label so out of the goodness of their hearts they got 100% bonuses? If their accounting and management is that bad we've got bigger problems than this arbritration.

As for regular line, Ricci is willing to keep flexbid as long as the system produces 16 day lines and 5 day minimum rotations now and next year it will increase to 6 day mins and then so on until he gets what he wants and still gets to say he kept Flexbid. I personally think SuperDave will stay as he is an asset that covers up for the incompetence in Cleveland but the Flexbid as you know it will cease to exist since our voice in this fight to keep it does not exist.

Club for a smart guy you sure are gullible when it comes to this issue.. You will believe complete lies and ignore evidence. The union is your only shot at keeping Flexbid but IMHO there is just not enough Flexjet support to justify fighting for it at the expense of something membership cares about. I'm not involved, so I can't guarantee that but it's what is obvious to me. Our negotiaters would be smart to sacrifice Flexbid in favor of something of higher value to the MIGS, like pay or hotels. Do you know what VF GG and MG prefer for their personal scheduling? That might be an indicator of what's important to them but I think the lack of Flexjet support has probably weakened their voice as well.

Remember the deck is stacked pretty Options heavy and Flexjet pilots lack of support is the number one reason people like you and I are going to be upset about the outcome. Get prepared. But instead of blaming the guys who did step up my ire will be saved for the likes of FW, PD, WJ etc... who have seriously damaged my career with their dogged obstruction. I'm hopeful the union pulls a miracle but I am preparing my palate for the **** sandwich we might get served. You should too.

Don't you get it yet? Red Label isn't just about busting the union or dismantling seniority. it is about establishing a system whereby eventually the pilot gets nickled and dimed docked for every QOL decision that costs Kenn money. Airline, hotels, catering, maintenance, OT, stock etc... now become the responsibility of crews and that wil be reflected in their bonus eventually. Before you know it, we'll owe them money for working ;)

Well I guess that explains why the RL crews feel justified when they STEAL others crew meals and even STEAL from our passengers. Pathetic!

KR told me face to face he likes Flexbid. He mentioned how he was skeptical at first but then when he saw how we staff higher on peak days and less on non peak he became a fan. He said its more efficient than just staffing the same number of pilots every day. And cheaper because they can plan to have airplanes un-crewed on non peak days. So I heard it directly from him. Now you can of course say he was lying

In addition, they could have made any rules they wanted for RL, but they didn't limit 4 day trips. They just don't pay a bonus if you do too many of them.

I just really hate the fear tactic of "KR hates you and Flexbid and you're all gojng to be on 8/6 so you'd better get use to it." Especially from an options pilot who knows nothing about Flexbid. i don't know why options pilots like their 8/7 garbage. "Oh but we know our schedule is far in advance!!" Yay! You know your crappy schedule sooner than I do! The idea of working 8/7 like the options do makes me sick.

Instead of tossing out Flexbid because some people don't like it we should just fix it. Limit the type of lines you can be forced into, for example. Lower the average to 14 (but still allow people to bid up to 18 if they want).

As to your question about VF's personal preference, he does not like Flexbid. But it's in the proposal because enough pilots said they want a pref-bid style system in the new contract (form the surveys). So they negotiate what the pilot group wants, not what they personally want. But yeah you're right, we are out numbered by the options pilot. Even more so considering the MIGS numbers. Which is jus plain sad and frustrating. Flexjet pilots need to stop sitting on the sidelines and get involved.

So just to be clear on schedules Club ORD FO, The unions proposal is a combination of 7/7 and Flexbid, 8/7 or 8/6 or anything else is not even on the table as far as the Union is concerned, I guess I'm trying to understand what all the uproar is about, if we don't happen to get the schedule that we want it will be the companies fault not the Union's. The Union has already shown everyone what they are fighting for.

No disrespect Club but I simply don't trust your interpretations since you refuse to do due-diligence in polling all the members of our negotiating committee. What I heard from VF is he likes it just fine but due to the new rules regarding bases doubts it is a long term solution for his lifestyle. So if you can't interpret him correctly, how can you interpret what a shyster like Ricci said?

I've spent lot of time polling most of leadership. Some of it sounds like simple small talk but I've made it a point to investigate what is important to them. And I've learned a lot of gossip, some which I've shared here because I think is important in detecting their motivations.

As for me, it will hurt to see the loss of Flexbid but the truth is I haven't gotten a decent schedule in over a year (I refuse to believe I am the only statistical anomaly despite the assurances I am) and I have prepared myself for the fact our negotiating team will probably sacrifice it if they have to. Since it appears to be the only thing you care about I suppose we will see the same defection from you that we have from others who were motivated to help out only of pure selfishness? I'm at a point where I don't care anymore and have resigned myself to the fact Options runs our show (both union and management) in part because your post proves that our leaders just haven't garnered the support of the Flexjet group and/or will bail when it doesn't work for their personal reasons anymore.

IMP and Club, I am sure you all know that the Union will argue to keep both and the company will argue there position on schedules, and then the arbitrator will ultimately decide, I don't see the Union sacrificing anything.

Latest resources

Back