Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Friendliest aviation Ccmmunity on the web
  • Modern site for PC's, Phones, Tablets - no 3rd party apps required
  • Ask questions, help others, promote aviation
  • Share the passion for aviation
  • Invite everyone to Flightinfo.com and let's have fun

Could this be the start of the END of Southwest Airlines?

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
Spell check please

I don't fly there, so I don't care. Is that an option on FI? (Spell check)You go fly to Lubbuttocks.

Bye Bye---General Lee

I don't fly to Doobeye either, but I know how to spell.

That's great wanker. Is Joberg good enough for you? The locals think so.

Bye Bye---General Lee

WTF are you talking about?
The promise of a pay raise if ATN pilots sell their seniority. SWA can't be trusted, neither can SWAPA for that matter. They'll both throw the ATN pilots under the bus when the time comes. They don't want to honor the process agreement, they wont respect the ATN pilots, they'll throw the ATN pilots under the bus when the going gets just a little tough.

Point out a few facts and you're accused of being a hater. I'm sure you all know I obviously hate: B6, VX, AGT, SWA, and now...HAL.

Wow, you guys need to chill a little.

"Point out a few facts and you're accused of being a hater."

You say you do not like the egos of some SWA posters on FI...but you are giddy that SWA posted a paper loss this quarter...I would argue that airline profitability is important to us all and will lead to better CBAs...Alaska pilots need to take advantage of consistent profitability and bargain for greater compensation (as the SWA pilots have done)...

Let's start with last year and this year. You will lose.

Godspeed!

OYS
how about we start with 2009, You will lose... 2008, You will lose... 2007, You will lose... 2006, You will lose... 2005, You will lose... 2004, You wil lose... 2003, You will lose... 2002, You will lose... 2001, you will lose... and on and on and on and on!

The promise of a pay raise if ATN pilots sell their seniority. SWA can't be trusted, neither can SWAPA for that matter. They'll both throw the ATN pilots under the bus when the time comes. They don't want to honor the process agreement, they wont respect the ATN pilots, they'll throw the ATN pilots under the bus when the going gets just a little tough.

Kinda harsh there FDJ....you don't think the AT guys will have "buyers remorse" six months in when they finally get a peek behind the tent, do you?

What would be worse is a deal like this, then have the 717s abruptly parked. How does the current agreement address that?

Nu

Hey,
I am wondering, how will SWA fare in the coming years, re age 65. The volume of age 65 retirements vs AA's retirements in the coming decade. While a SWA F/O makes 147.00 per hour vs DAL 124.00, my question how will they compete when AA,DAL,UCon, and the other legacies are retiring their most senior(expensive) pilots. While the legacies spread the cost of their pilots across larger airframes,SWA is using 73 variants how much can operating efficiencies account for? The big question is, if SWA can operate with pilot pay so high, why can't the legacies do the same?

Latest resources

Back